Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Power Pup is awesome. Installed it and drove the truck all weekend and man what a difference. During the install the programmer warned me that calibrating for tires larger than 35" in diameter will turn on the ABS light which id did. It also turns on the emergency brake/? red light and beeps about 15 times. This is kind of annoying. Has anyone figured out a way around this?

·
Registered
320 Posts
dont set it over 35" is your only option right now if i'm correct

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
yeah, the EBCM/EHCU freaks out if you set it for larger than 35" tires because those are the biggest OEM tires availible on the GMT-800's (Hummer H2)

you can either set it for 35" tires and deal with the speedo being off, or set it to 40" tires and deal with the ABS light/dinging. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How off do you think the shift points will be if I set it for 35" tires? One of the reasons I got the Power Pup was because I was going into limp mode occaissionally. Maybe the 5" difference will not be noticeable.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
nothing can adjust the Allison shift points.

As far as the transmission, the Allison still thinks you have 245's

·
Registered
346 Posts
The only way of adjusting to turn the ABS light off is to reprogram the Front tire portion of the computer. I think you need the TECH 2. Tuners only adjust for the rear tire. The computer now thinks you have 40" back tires and 245 front. So you have to tweak the front into thinking you have 40s as well.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
you cant do that.

As I said before, the largest size you can set the ABS to with a Tech 2 is 35" because Hummer H2's come with 35's. GM has no reason to support larger tires in the Tech 2 because no vehicles come with bigger tires from the factory. :(

Ben

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
even a truspeed from superlift wont work? ya they are pricey but it uses the front wheels.

·
Registered
56 Posts
This is the same problem I have ran into with my truck for months now. I am sick of the Christmas tree going on on my dash too. I have found no way to fix this problem. The real problem is that there is a vehicle speed sensor at the 2 front wheels and a VSS between your tranny and your diff. Thus your front wheels and back wheels are sensing different speeds. The computer senses a braking problem, hence all the warning lights. This happens also with a gear ratio change, and this is what happened to me. If anyone finds a fix with this problem let me know. I have been told by Bully Dog that the Triple dog will have gear ratios changes capability, solving my problem, and reading the correct speed with 4.88 gears. But 2006_huge_Dmax's problem could only be solved with a gear change and then a triple dog, which isn't out yet. :help:

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Did you put a 10.5" 14 bolt out back to get those gears? 4.10 is the only option on the 11.5" AAM.. ?
Aftermarket gears...

·
Registered
609 Posts
PPE had to reprogram my ABS computer so I wouldn't get that light....
give them a call they probably can fix your light....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts