Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, I am thinking of buying a 01 Yukon XL for my wife. When we test drove it the ABS light and the Brake light came on and stayed on. When I asked the dealer about it, he had it scanned and said it was a relay that got stuck on. They cleared it and said that it shouldn't come back on. But if it did the relay needed to be replaced. I did several test stops with it and it stops fine. It felt a little spongy but probably needs pads?? Could you tell me your opinion on this, is it a big deal or something easily rectified. Also, while Im asking, is it normal to be able to the the fuel pump? While standing outside on the driver side with it running I could hear the whine of the fuel pump I think. Thanks in advance for the help!!!

Jay

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
relay story sound a little fishy. the brakes are normally a little spongy. and you usually can hear the fuel pump. shouldnt be too loud though. have them put a new fuel filter in it and then see what it sounds like.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
EBCM's are expenisve. I doubt there is a relay at cause. Look elsewhere or ask for it in writing that they will fix that problem for free it happens again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts