Diesel Place banner

? ABOUT THE REFLASHED PCM’S

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Trippin 
#1 ·
IM THINKING ABOUT GETTING A REFLASHED PCM, AND HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU GUYS THAT HAVE THEM. I KNOW SOME HAVE THE SWITCHABLE TYPE THAT HAVE SEVERAL DIFFERENT POWER SETTINGS IN THEM AND SOME HAVE THE ONE TUNE VERSIONS AS WELL. WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS --------CAN A GUY GET A ONE TUNE VERSION THAT HAS THE "BIG TUNE" IN IT AND WHENEVER YOU WANT TO TOW OR TONE THE THING DOWN BE ABLE TO LOAD A "TOW/WIMPY"
TUNE FROM A TUNER SUCH AS THE PREDATOR,QUAD,BULLY,SUPERCHIPS,XCELERATOR IN IT AND IT BE TONED DOWN SIGNIFICANTLY????

See less See more
#2 ·
NUT you are getting way to smart

If I read you correctly, you are suggesting using a handheld programmer to store the PCM reflash(big tune) while you run the handhelds (smaller tune) for towing.

I have heard rumors that the PCM can be locked?
Edited by: Bronco

#3 ·
PEANUTGRWR said:
IM THINKING ABOUT GETTING A REFLASHED PCM, AND HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU GUYS THAT HAVE THEM. I KNOW SOME HAVE THE SWITCHABLE TYPE THAT HAVE SEVERAL DIFFERENT POWER SETTINGS IN THEM AND SOME HAVE THE ONE TUNE VERSIONS AS WELL. WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS --------CAN A GUY GET A ONE TUNE VERSION THAT HAS THE "BIG TUNE" IN IT AND WHENEVER YOU WANT TO TOW OR TONE THE THING DOWN BE ABLE TO LOAD A "TOW/WIMPY"
TUNE FROM A TUNER SUCH AS THE PREDATOR,QUAD,BULLY,SUPERCHIPS,XCELERATOR IN IT AND IT BE TONED DOWN SIGNIFICANTLY????

NO !!!!!!!!!!

Sell it

Mac

#4 ·
Yes, PCM's can be locked. How else do we keep from letting eveyone copy our work? GM locked it to begin with.

Peanut,

with all the money you've spent on different tuners and programs why not just buy one that works and be done with it? It would have been much cheaper than what you spent on all the different units! Our switchable unit does everything you've asked for already!

#5 ·

#6 ·
Yeh, what Texas Red Wagon said,
. Super Diesel

#9 ·
I'm hoping someday they will release a tuner like they have for the GM Gasoline ECM's. You adjust the tuning yourself using a notebook PC, and you can save multiple programs on your HDD.

I use one on my car and it's REALLY cool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.