Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got the Nicktane Pre-Cat kit installed this weekend and at the same time replaced the oem fuel filter with 8000 miles on the truck. I wanted a baseline to see what happens with the Cat in place.

The Nictane kit is very nice and except for the problems caused by myself went on pretty easily.

I cut open the oem filter to take a look at it. It had about 60% or so life left on it judging by the amount of dirt to clean ratio. There was no debris or rust in the filter housing at all. In fact I was suprised how clean it was.

I have been getting about 95% of my fuel from the Flying J a few miles from my house, with a couple of Totals and Love's truck stops thrown in. I have fueled up only at busy truckstops so far, along with running FPPF Total Power with every tank.

Now a word of experience to anyone thinking of installing a Pre-oem filter that includes the removal of the oem fuel line from fuel tank. You can't see what you are doing, so you are working by feel. There is almost no room for the disconnect tool and there is only one AC/Fuel line disconnect tool that will work and it is the Lisle brand.

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Thank you for stressing the Lisle brand. 20 installs later, mine is still working like a champ!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Better move this to the Nicktane question forum.

Jess

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It took me almost 5 hours on my back under the truck with three other brands to figure out that just cause the tool says it works on GM fuel lines, doesn't mean that it will work on our trucks.

I was never able to push the hose over the hump on the fuel connector, I just pushed it up flush with the hump and clamped it down. Do you normally get the hose over the hump, or just up to it?

Thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oops.

I didn't see the Nicktane filter forum.

Maybe Hoot will work his magic on this thread and get it in it's proper place

·
Registered
50 Posts
Does anyone have the exact part number for the Lisle fuel line tool?

Thx-

Mark

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks much! Turns out I already have a set of those, just didn't know what brand I had.

Mark

B

·
0 Posts
I used a set bought from kragen(dont have a sears in town) after 1 hour trying to get it to work i took a set of cutters to it(its plactic) after shaving it down on all sides, I finally got it to remove the line. Should of ordered a set of Lisle's befor the kit came in. It's all water under the bridge now as it's installed and life is good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts