Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, I am one of the beta testers for the new LMM Edge Juice with Attitude. I know, I already own the PPE tuner, but I had to try out the Edge kit, since I had one on my 2004.5 Duramax. I installed the Edge on July 3rd. On July 4th. I towed my 12,000 lb. 5th wheel up to Yosemite. If any of you are familiar with the 5 freeway in California, primarily the Grapevine portion, then you know it is a steep incline that sends fear into the hearts of commercial truck drivers. On the trip up to Yosemite, I had the Edge set for level 1. It was 100 degrees outside and I was doing 55 mph in 4th gear going up the backside of the Grapevine. All of a sudden, my check engine light went on and the truck went into a limp mode with almost no power. I had to pull to the side of the road to look at what trouble code came on. The trouble code was P0299 (Turbocharger Underboost). I was able to clear the trouble code and continue on my journey. But to my dismay, this same problem occurred 8 more times. I was ready to ghost ride my truck off a cliff. On the return trip, the same problem occurred two more times, and a different trouble code came on which was P0101 (Mass volume air flow circuit, range/performance). Also the "Clean Exhaust Filter Now" warning came up on the trucks dashboard. This problem cleared itself in about 20 minutes. Without the trailer there were no problems. When comparing the Edge to the PPE, the PPE had no problems and had more power that you could really feel. In addition to the tuning glitches, the Edge kit needs a better built mounting bracket for the Attitude monitor. The one in the kit is very flimsy. Until the glitches are ironed out, I would be cautious in buying the Edge. :knight:

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
ouch......

·
Premium Member
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can say that again. My wife wanted to throw the thing in the trash.................lol

·
Registered
274 Posts
I guess thats why they are using people for the beta testing to get the bugs out? Not defending them but you are testing their product right?

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
As a beta tester, you are suppose to test the products out & then contact the manufacture. That is way you get a price break & the product before the public gets it. Did you talk to Edge before you posted this? The reason there are alpha & beta testing is to find the bug/glitches before it gets to the public. Are you guys still in beta or is this released to the public already?

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
CRASHNBURN;1871224; said:
As a beta tester, you are suppose to test the products out & then contact the manufacture. That is way you get a price break & the product before the public gets it. Did you talk to Edge before you posted this? The reason there are alpha & beta testing is to find the bug/glitches before it gets to the public. Are you guys still in beta or is this released to the public already?
I was thinking the same thing about contacting edge before posting this. Alot of 'beta' testers have 'gag' clauses in contracts so you WONT do what you just did.
They want you to tell them about the product before blasting it to the mass public so they can tweak and tune before selling it.
I may read my contract before this thread gets much bigger.

Although your hearts in the right place sharing with you fellow brothers and sister on DP :)

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I would definately call Nate at Edge and let him know. Once they figure out what your problem is they can put the "fix" in all of the units so when these are out of Bets testing there won't be any issues. That's the whole point of Beta testing. I'm sure PPE had similar issues during their Beta testing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.