Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had a chat with our fleet manager today. Interestingly enough they are not running bio diesel right now due to supply problems. The plant in Lakeland Florida ran into money problems and has stopped production now. They ran both Pure oil and used oil (soy and something else he mentioned). According to his notes, the Pure soy ran much better and cleaner but both were better than #2 diesel.

They ran 100 percent biodiesel for 9 months. In these 9 months the only problem they had were filters filling up but that problem went away after a few changes (biodiesel "cleans" the lines and tanks). They have had NO replacement issues yet other than typical failures due to wear and tear. Fuel mileage did not suffer enough for them to worry the fleet manager stated minimal to nonexsistant (these buses are run on a stop and go schedule). I was mistake about the duramaxes, they are the state of floirda's but said he knows of no problems with the use of biodiesel in them ( I am willing to bet the fleet managers talk about this type of stuff too). 6.5 L GM diesel along with ISB cummins and Powerstrokes have had no problem and run smoother with this blend than normal diesel. The use of biodiesel was never questioned when a vehicle was taken in for service. Over all he likes biodiesel and is looking to bring it back to their fleet ASAP. He is even considering going out of state to get the fuel.

Conclusion: from a Fleet Mangagers Prospective Biodiesel is great stuff.

Lenny

·
Registered
473 Posts
Lenny,

Thanks for posting your fleet manager's report. Reassuring to hear the "pro" perspective. It would be fantastic to make ongoing connection with fleet manager / mechanic user groups around biodiesel experience. Without of course getting in their way with dumb posts... Does you man have any links or sites he recommends?

Again, thanks for this connection.

John

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No but I will call and ask. Like I said they want to run 100% bio 100% of the time I am sure he will have more info once they get the product back in full swing.

Lenny

1 - 3 of 3 Posts