Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I suppose this is my first post since the site was re done. Cool. Lil different. Lol

But...

What a mess. Accompanied some friends to help select some 660s, 599s... ect... majority 660s...

They're all trashed. Open intakes. Rained on... or in should i say. Most have been sitting out for 1-2 years. No oil in them... lots of water. A good bit were just dropped. Literally. Alot had crushed oil pans from either being dropped or improper storage... and many many MANY more issues other than that. Just the tip of the iceberg so to speak. All money pits. Worthless. :cry::cautious::mad:(n)(n)(n)

They wanted something around 500/600 per unit.

What a waste.

A sad day for 6.x(s) today. I guess this is where once good running engines go to die. What a waste.

Picture ref (the red blotches are people I crudely covered up... )

Reactions: alpacalips

·
Administrator
15,934 Posts
Nice collection but too bad about the conditions they sat in..
I'd offer $50 for the heck of it.. Price of scrap steel is $96/ton so they'd still be making some money lol

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea they were pretty firm it seemed. I just rode along for technical assistance. dude it was bad. Really bad.

That's no way to store engines. Regardless of what you think of them.

One engine was dropped so bad the transmission assembly was completely split in half!!! A th400... split... in two!! Omg?!?!?! How do you manage to do that?!?! Lol

I did offer 25 bucks per injection pump assembly. no bites. They were dead set on their price. Too bad. All of them were mechanical pumps. What a shame.

·
Administrator
15,934 Posts
Yea they were pretty firm it seemed. I just rode along for technical assistance. dude it was bad. Really bad.

That's no way to store engines. Regardless of what you think of them.

One engine was dropped so bad the transmission assembly was completely split in half!!! A th400... split... in two!! Omg?!?!?! How do you manage to do that?!?! Lol

I did offer 25 bucks per injection pump assembly. no bites. They were dead set on their price. Too bad. All of them were mechanical pumps. What a shame.
When they pull their heads out of the clouds it will be time to put those motors on pallets headed to the Smelter

·
Registered
1993 chevy silverado c3500 crew cab dually
1,170 Posts
Those red splotches look like 6.x zombies slowly rolling in to kill our last remaining chance at salvation. I bet they'd sell 4 for 1500 or 1600. That should be enough to build one solid engine with some spare parts!

Reactions: 56pan

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Ugly. What a shame.

·
Registered
627 Posts

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
17,787 Posts
You should see what they did for the Cash For Clunkers to the 6.5L diesel.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
They probably paid additional clunker fee for the 6.5 with its bad rap.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry I haven't been around guys. I've been busy with a few projects here and there. I'm still trying to figure out our new website. I kinda like the old one more (sofar)

Anyway I'm sure I can get the contact info for you but they weren't parting any of them out. The price was pretty firm. I made an offer on the injection pumps. No go.

However to be honest I dont think youd be able to get one good engine out of any of that stuff. They had been sitting with no oil for 2 years... water in the intakes.. Some were flooded... some were crushed... (the list goes on and on)and yes they were all hmmwv takeouts..

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Ah yes corroded bolts yum

1 - 15 of 15 Posts