Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas!

I just got my hands on a 1999 K2500 extended cab with a '97 engine, and I'm trying to learn the art of wrenching'. I have little mechanic experience and think that the 6.5 is a good place to start to learn.

So I'm trying to install the 4" Diamond Eye exhaust and I also went for a Diamond Eye crossover. The OEM crossover was, as many others here have stated, a nightmare. Luckily I only broke off 1 bolt.

The question.

In the picture below there's three things that puzzles me. I have marked them A to C with arrows, I hope the picture is clear enough.

A: Is this a ground that's supposed to go around the bolt when it's connected to the crossover? It seems thin and flimsy, is it a good idea to change this out with something more sturdy?

B: Does anyone know what the purpose of this capped tube is? The cap at the end is made of plastic and fell off quite easily.

C: I know the picture isn't really clear, but this is a thin metal piece that seems to be the same thickness of the metal shroud that sits above the turbo. This is loose and I can move it around so it rattles, is this supposed to be anchored somewhere. I don't know if it was like this before I took the crossover off, but I can't see any points on it that can hook up to the crossover.

I'd appreciate any help!

·
Administrator
16,648 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace
A- appears to be a body ground. check the frame rail close by and see if there is a spot where a ground should be but is missing.
B- appears to be the Diff vent tube that should be mounted above by the rad.
C- unsure of

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to DieselPlace
A- appears to be a body ground. check the frame rail close by and see if there is a spot where a ground should be but is missing.
B- appears to be the Diff vent tube that should be mounted above by the rad.
C- unsure of
Thanks buddy! Should that diff tube be hooked up to something, like a nipple? It doesn't reach much longer than what is visible in the picture.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the picture is taken below the passenger side of the crossover!

·
Administrator
16,648 Posts
Thanks buddy! Should that diff tube be hooked up to something, like a nipple? It doesn't reach much longer than what is visible in the picture.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the picture is taken below the passenger side of the crossover!
If it is the vent tube, should just mount to the Radiator shroud in a verticle position, no nipple

1 - 5 of 5 Posts