Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if theis is the right section to post this in but here goes. I have an appointment to get the ISS replaced tomorrow as well as having them look at my tailgate latch morning at the local dealership. I don't know if I should completely remove the evolution before going in for service or if I will be alright having it set to stock and leave it in place. I really don't want to go to the trouble of removing all of the cables and replacing the old overhead storage bin if possible. My question is do dealerships keep notes on trucks that they see with tuners installed in case they come back in later with damage caused by tuners or will I be alright to leave everything like it is? Thanlks for any advice that you can give me.

Justin

·
Registered
443 Posts
I had the same question, I put my PPE back to stock and removed my evo that I use for guages when I went in for the 'shaft'. Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would probably remove it if possible. Really depends on how cool your dealer is as I know of 2 dealers tried to sell me edge with attitude monitors to go with new trucks they were going to install them and work it in the price.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Take it off. Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Not that a dealer would typically do a flash, but it's possible that they could try the glow plug recall or for some other reason reflash the computer so because of that, I always reload my stock tune.

BTW, My truck is at the dealer right now getting an ISS as well.....they told me that pretty much every truck that comes in gets a new ISS and that they stock them.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I dropped it off and called four hours later (the service manager said that it would only take 45 min) to see if they were done and he porceeds to tell me that they couldn't find anything wrong so they didn't fix anything but I could leave it there for a few days for them to drive around to see if they could get the steering shaft to pop. I told them that i would take one of the techs for a ride and felt sure that i could get it do make the noise but he said that was against the dealership regulations or something. It sounds like to me that the guys at the dealership wanted to have a new shop truck for a couple of days on me. Maybe I should have left it there but i have read so many horror stories on this site about dealers abusing trucks left there for service I just couldn't leave my truck there to get tore up. I guess that I will take my truck up to my boss's local dealership and let people that I trust to do a good job work on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts