Diesel Place banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my autometer A-pillar and need to know what to paint it with. I have dark pewter interior and want it to match. I searched and could't find what I need.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,393 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the same int.VHT plastic paint.pj1.com...click vht

·
Registered
419 Posts
I carry the VHT plastic interior matching primer and paint and would be more than happy to get you the correct color Pewter for your A-Pillar.

Be careful using anyone that is not a vendor here but lists their web site. That is against forum rules and not a good way to get business.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=62

Sir, you need to make yourself better aware of your competition. Diesel Performance Parts is also a supporting vendor here. I am in no way affiliated with them, but do know that they carry the products that the poster was looking for. I was only trying to help a fellow member out, sorry if I was biased by not recomending your site also.

·
Registered
419 Posts
http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=62

Sir, you need to make yourself better aware of your competition. Diesel Performance Parts is also a supporting vendor here. I am in no way affiliated with them, but do know that they carry the products that the poster was looking for. I was only trying to help a fellow member out, sorry if I was biased by not recomending your site also.
If you would calm down and read the post above mine it would make perfectly good sense. I know DPP and know that they are a supporting vendor as well, and thats fine. Even if you would have listed any other sites that you purchase from, thats ok too.

Its the post above mine where someone is trying to be a vendor or get sales here without paying for the advertising. Just look and you will see what I was referring to.

No problems ok?

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
If you would calm down and read the post above mine it would make perfectly good sense. I know DPP and know that they are a supporting vendor as well, and thats fine. Even if you would have listed any other sites that you purchase from, thats ok too.

Its the post above mine where someone is trying to be a vendor or get sales here without paying for the advertising. Just look and you will see what I was referring to.

No problems ok?
No Problems, that was calm, hence no Censored words. :lol:

I have the same int.VHT plastic paint.pj1.com...click vht
I believe that he was linking to the manufacturer, no different than a link direct to MBRP for example. Several Vendors sell it, but that is the source. As far as I know linking the manufacturer has never been against forum rules.

Adam

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
can someone just tell me if I need primer, and what color matches my interior. I can't find that info on either of the above sites. Thank you

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Tacotower, VHT also has a white primer that you apply under the paint. The VHT stuff is the best match I have ever seen.

·
Registered
419 Posts
VHT SP984 Dark Pewter, which is what you have right, the Dark Pewter?

And yes they do sell the primer as well, VHT SP970

The VHT SP983 is a darker almost charcoal color Paint that VHT calls Graphite.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now that I look at the VHT colors the charcol looks like a better match. I have the Dark pewter/ almost black interior. The dark pewter paint looks like light grey. Are the colors of the caps decieving?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Yes they can be. You most likely have the dark color, and we do not know why the VHT colors are named what they are. The names are the deceiving part, but you will need the darker color for sure. Let me know and we will take care of you in anyway possible. Or if you contact any of the other vendors here please let them know you have the darker interior so you will get the correct color.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hey Guys,
Sorry I came across as a little testy this weekend. Our little girl has been sick with a bad ear infection and we have been running on very little sleep. But thats no excuse. So if I stepped on any toes I am trully sorry!

·
Registered
434 Posts
I used the VHT primer with "Graphite" & it very - very close to a perfect match. Looks good & I hope you have the same results.

FWIW - Supporting Vendors of this forum ARE the way to go.

·
Registered
8,443 Posts
I haven't found anything that matches 100%.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
VHT has these two types:

1. GM DARK PEWTER
2. GM GRAPHITE

Who know what is closest match.

Hey BEN, what do you think? Going to be doing the rear tweeter project soon.

Thanks,
Doug

1 - 19 of 19 Posts