Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

About 27 degrees this morning. Ran 350 miles in the snow yessterday. Got a little puff of blue smoke at startup this morning.

Is this normal? 3200 miles on truck.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Wait 'till it gets down to around 0 degrees....whoa!! When I fired my truck up at 2 below leaving work Monday afternoon, I looked like I was fogging for bugs for a little bit!! Probably lasted for 20-30 seconds or so.

Bob

·
Registered
958 Posts
Both mine and my dad's do it also, as well as my 6.5 van. As smooth as the duramax is, it's still a diesel, and all diesels do seemingly-alarming things when they're cold-started in a cold climate.

I do say, we've been spoiled by how electric-feeling these engines are compared to the diesels of yesterday. Drive it and enjoy.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Mine does the same thing.

I'm not going to worry about it, oil level has not moved so i don't think it oil related.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Incomplete diesel fuel burn do to cold cylinder temps at start up ....

Mac

·
Registered
391 Posts
LUCKY YOU DON'T HAVE A BIG TRUCK "DETROIT" MOTOR

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone. First diesel. Anything blue out of a gas engine exhaust always alarmed me in the past. 175 miles on packed snow from Seattle to Portland Tuesday morning in mostly 2 WD, and 175 miles back in 4-6" snow, washboard and ice in 4 WD. LOVE this truck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts