Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to let you guys know a little about me so you can take any advise I give accordingly.

I graduated from the automotive program at a local technical school in 1992. I then worked for an oil change place until I found a job at a Goodyear store. I did tires, alignments, tune ups and minor diagnostics there for about 2yrs. Then I moved into the heavy duty field with a job at a large leasing company. I stayed there for about 6 yrs and got a lot of heavy duty experience. I also got ASE master certified in heavy duty. I got tired of sending all the tough diagnostic work out to the dealer so I applied at the GMC, Volvo, Mack and Autocar dealer I am at now. I worked the heavy duty side for about a year, then got interested and involved in the GMC line and training. I have completed most of the GM training and have 5 GM Master certs and most of my automotive ASEs so far. I am now the only auto trans tech at the dealer (which keeps me very busy). I also get most of the drivetrain and suspension work. I have done a few Duramaxes and I will be doing more. We have 2 guys that are really good with Dmaxes and almost always have one in their stall.

Basically I will give advise on anything I have had experience with or can access the info for. I will also ask our Dmax techs for their advise.

That's not everything but I think it will give you an idea of where I'm coming from.
Edited by: GMCSID

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
You seem to have a real passion for duramax's so I was wondering if you drove one personally? If not, maybe Nick should buy you one in payment for moderating this site.
Edited by: Max Power

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I appreciate the time you take to answer questions and now helping moderate parts of the forum.

Coming from an aircraft maintenance background, I really like the idea that you make suggestions as opposed to statements and usually have the documentation to support your ideas.

Thanks a bunch GMCSID......

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I like you idea Max Power! I don't have a Dmax. With my big family I need more space then a pickup can provide. I have a Suburban. If they put a Dmax w/ an Allison in a Suburban it would be mine. I don't know about one with a 4L80E though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So am wondering if you can get the answer to my post for my brother who just gassed up his duramax diesel? He put 23 gallons of regular gas in his truck. See my post Help brother gassed up his duramax diesel in ask the techs, Thanks Carl

·
Registered
24 Posts
GMCSID, thanks for your introduction and your willingness to help us less fortunate in the D/A knowledge area. You are appreciated.

Thanks

Duane

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Yes thank you very much Sid!

I'd buy you a dmax if i could!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
GMCSID...we all appreciate your hard work and dedication you provide us...keep up the great work.

Joe

S

·
0 Posts
Sid:

Yes, thank you for your detailed and knowledgeable replies. I look for your posts to see what you have to say.

I am a new, first time diesel owner.

Thanks again

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
I know I really appreciate GMCSID's help, along with Max Payne for running VIN's that really helps me out.
I love this forum.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts