Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new at this whole diesel thing so if all these questions have been answered before I appoligize. I have an 04 duramax with the LLY engine. I installed a K&N air kit, a Bully Dog exaust system and a Edge Juice programmer. I have been running the programmer on stage three for normal driving and have been happy except for one small problem. After 2-3 minutes of driving with the engine still fairly cold I notice a slight hesitation or studder from the engine followed by a puff of blue smoke. The truck does not have this problem when set at the stock power level. But the problem goes away as soon as the engine is at opperating temp. Should I be worried about the blue smoke? Also I have just purchased a new camper, 31 foot travel trailer, approx 7000 lbs. I plan on towing on stage 2. Does anyone know if thats a safe combo? Also do I need a lift pump? are they expensive? are they hard to install? any dealer issues after installing one? Also what trany upgrades if any, can I do without braking the bank? Thanks Jim...

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
There have been many people, to include myself, post a similar question like this. It sounds like Edge needs to send you the updated version. I got so sick of it, I got rid of it. Try to use the search function. I'm sure you will find all that you can read buried deep inside.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts