Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it seems to me a lot of you guys are worried when taking the truck in for warrenty service about leaving the edge programmer in.. Quite understandable of course.. My question is what do ya fellas do about your attitude?? I mean you can buy the attitude seperatly and simply use it as a gauge package correct?? What could the dealer really do about that? Just say you bought that part just for the gauges.. OR am i missing something along with all this??

·
Registered
590 Posts
My understanding is the attitude requires the edge programmer. Wont work without it. I could be wrong (and hope I am).

Jim

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hehe, well i hope you are too, just for all of our sake.. But really i was hoping not having to take everything out of the truck when and if i need it taken in for warrenty work, i mean i think i can play off the monitor no problem as its just a monitor for some engine vitals, at least thats all they need to know..

·
Registered
324 Posts
The attitude plugs into the the juice module for power and readings. Unless things have changed in the past 2 years... Mine comes completely out, juice and attitude, prior to going to the dealer for anything.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
what about the egt sensor do u remove it too?
I leave mine in.....coil it up and zip tie it to the a/c line....no issues yet......takes about 5 minutes to take everything out.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Can't run the attitude without the edge box under the hood.
I just leave the wire lead for the pyro lay across the back of the engine and noone ever asks any questions.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
i took my attitude to a local electician and got him to put a plug on the monitor so i didnt have to run the wire thru the fire wall pain in the but
had it for like a year like that not sure if its still working have to ask the thieves that stole my truck

·
Registered
997 Posts
The Attitude only works with the Juice module. I have my pyro wire bridged with my AutoMeter gauge so when it went to the dealer all the Edge stuff comes out and if anyone asks what the extra hole in the pillar mount is for I would have told them for a future diff temp gauge.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have taken mine in several times and I ALWAYS take the edge out. I leave the EGT in and zip tie it to one of the hoses. I have been asked by the techs if I have a chip and I always tell them that is for an EGT guage because I like to monitor the temps while towing. Leave it at that. It's not hard to take out the edge stuff maybe 5-10 minutes. Better safe than sorry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts