Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting what sounds like a cat screaming coming from my turbo at around 20psi with half throttle. I have pressure tested my charge pipes including my turbo and have no leaks. It seems to lose power and "pause" my boost till it gets through it. This cant be normal. How can I fix this, and make the noise stop? Thanks in advance!:banghead:

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Dont sound good , might be a bearing rubing or a thrust washer going out . check for end play on shaft !Then check the radial play !

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its only a couple months old. Everything is tight.:confused:

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
I know this sounds stupid, but check for exhaust leaks around the exhaust manifolds. The most common place is above the starter.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did my headgasket last night (d/s) checked all that???????? Tightend all . It was making the noise before the job.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
also check the down pipe at the turbo it has a way sometimes of coming loose

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what should the end play or radial play be if any? if there is how do I fix?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
When my turbo when out on my 01 it had a whine on it as soon as you put any kind of load or throttle to it.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Mine too. Mine injested the grommet that holds the air filter restriction gauge.

Maybe yours injested something??

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pretty sure its not a bearing. I capped the back of my turbo and ran 25psi to through my charge pipes all the way through the system to the exhaust side of the turbo resulting in a fully sealed system. The only leak I have is at the wastegate rod where it passes through the turbo. Is that supposed to leak air? This may be the problem. If so it a defective seal?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.