Diesel Place banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Administrator
19,018 Posts
Update......got an email today that looked exactly like a DP email notification about a reply to this thread. The reply never showed up on here but was instead a link to ebay advertising a new adapter harness for a 1995 GMC truck.....for the tidy sum of $219.44 !! Wow. Attached is a screen shot of this bogus email notification, part of it anyway..... View attachment 642551
I got that also except the links did not work.
You have to wonder.
It was removed by Staff almost as soon as it was posted.
The notification will still go through so if you do not see it in the forum, you'll know it was taken down by Staff
(y)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Thanks Dually, glad yall are on top of it. (y) That fake notification was about 7 months late, but still pretty slick marketing!

Reactions: OkDually

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed the new A/C control today that OKDually sent me. Works perfectly and took care of the shorting problem I was having. The old one I took out had the adapter harness on it so it must have been replaced at some point by the PO. I bought the truck in 2010. In the pic the new one is on the left....and they are identical....so was not able to document the differences between an original '95 control and a new one. As it turns out I could have bought a later model control and used it since the old one had the adapter harness on it already. Oh well, I have an extra adapter harness now. Thanks again Dually! View attachment 637111
Would you consider selling the extra harness adapter? I need one in a bad way. If I can ever get ahold of one I'll make some up for others.
Thanks,
Dale

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Would you consider selling the extra harness adapter? I need one in a bad way. If I can ever get ahold of one I'll make some up for others.
Thanks,
Dale
No sir, I would not consider selling it to you. But I would gladly give it to you. OkDually sent me a brand new unit with the harness and wouldn't take any money for it.....so I wouldn't feel right taking any money for the harness. I guess you could say I was "paying it forward". Will reply to your PM.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Thanks,
Dale
In the mail today. Check your PM for tracking info.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts