Diesel Place banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Administrator
19,018 Posts
YES That is the one I can't find anywhere.
I found it sitting on my shelf in the garage. It is not compatible with my dually
send me a PM with your address and it's yours

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
The 96-up HVAC control will work on your 95 as long as it has the adapter harness.
You can re-wire it yourself, but you will need to find the connectors from a 96-up
at a salvage yard, mainly the 10-pin board connector, the others are avail.
The defog is optional, does not have to be used if the controller you get has it.
You can also use the non-defog controller even if your truck has it, it just won't work.
Gas or diesel does not matter. The only diff. is the gassers had a heater control valve that the diesels don't have. That wire is missing on a diesel.
The adapter harness is not sold by itself, but I have seen them occasionally for sale on ebay and other places.
Your controller may have been changed already and you would already have the adapter harness.
Have you removed it yet? Post up a photo when you do.
Have not taken it out yet but I will today or tomorrow. Glad to find somebody who knows about the adapter harness and the '95 situation. Will take pics when it is out. THANK YOU

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I found it sitting on my shelf in the garage. It is not compatible with my dually cause it has defogger switch on the control head.
send me a PM with your address and it's yours
Just saw your post sir! ACDelco#15-72267 and GM#16233143 is the one. Will send you a PM now......

Reactions: OkDually

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Well there you go! OkDually to the rescue.

·
Administrator
19,018 Posts
Well there you go! OkDually to the rescue.
Just by luck I happened to look on my parts shelf and low n behold there it was.
I had ordered this back in 2013 from a chevy dealer in Florida who was dumping NOS from their inventory on ebay.
and it's been on the shelf ever since..

Reactions: LinePilot

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Yes, just for the 95, on a 96-up you remove that harness and the dash harness plugs in.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Yes, just for the 95, on a 96-up you remove that harness and the dash harness plugs in.
Great info sir. Had a feeling you would know about the '95 situation. People kept telling me there was no difference between the '95 and later models when I was looking around for the right one. Thanks for chiming in! Then OKDually chimes in that he has the "Holy Grail" sitting on his shelf! And will ship it to me in the morning! It doesn't get any better than that. Thanks Glag, and especially to Dually for offering that control to me. That's what I like about this site...people with answers AND solutions.

·
Administrator
19,018 Posts
Just saw your post sir! ACDelco#15-72267 and GM#16233143 is the one. Will send you a PM now......
check your PM for tracking info.
(y)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
18,177 Posts
Please take pictures documenting the differences???

Thanks.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Please take pictures documenting the differences???

Thanks.
I installed the new A/C control today that OKDually sent me. Works perfectly and took care of the shorting problem I was having. The old one I took out had the adapter harness on it so it must have been replaced at some point by the PO. I bought the truck in 2010. In the pic the new one is on the left....and they are identical....so was not able to document the differences between an original '95 control and a new one. As it turns out I could have bought a later model control and used it since the old one had the adapter harness on it already. Oh well, I have an extra adapter harness now. Thanks again Dually!
IMG_1195.JPG

·
Administrator
19,018 Posts
I installed the new A/C control today that OKDually sent me. Works perfectly and took care of the shorting problem I was having. The old one I took out had the adapter harness on it so it must have been replaced at some point by the PO. I bought the truck in 2010. In the pic the new one is on the left....and they are identical....so was not able to document the differences between an original '95 control and a new one. As it turns out I could have bought a later model control and used it since the old one had the adapter harness on it already. Oh well, I have an extra adapter harness now. Thanks again Dually! View attachment 637111
Glad it fixed your issue.
Thanks for giving us an update!
(y)

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
18,177 Posts
So, in conclusion, the A/C control is the same for all year if the truck already have the adapter harness.
Is that a valid statement?

I think most of the older version was probably replaced in the past since it was probably not as reliable to begin with.
I saw a write up somewhere to replace the new version's transistors to fix it.
I am not sure if that will fix LinePilot's control.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
So, in conclusion, the A/C control is the same for all year if the truck already have the adapter harness.
Is that a valid statement?
I would say that is true, except for the 93-94 trucks which use a completely different control. From what I have learned, 95-1999 or 2000 can use the same controls (w/rear defog or w/out rear defog) with the '95 requiring the adapter harness. And you are probably correct that the original '95 control was junk and replaced early by truck owners.

Reactions: JMJNet

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Update......got an email today that looked exactly like a DP email notification about a reply to this thread. The reply never showed up on here but was instead a link to ebay advertising a new adapter harness for a 1995 GMC truck.....for the tidy sum of $219.44 !! Wow. Attached is a screen shot of this bogus email notification, part of it anyway..... IMG_1307.PNG

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
I got that also except the links did not work.
You have to wonder.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Here is the rest of the email (edited out link pic by staff for safety) I couldn't send for some reason the first time. Pretty slick marketing.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts