Diesel Place banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't see any other posts on this topic so thought I'd toss it up there as an FYI.
My serp belt started making a horrific noise the other day, popped open the hood and saw the pulley on the A/C compressor was not spinning, it was sliding in the locked position on the belt. Long story short the clutch assembly went bad in the compressor. I had it at a Dodge dealer since it was close to the house and the GM dealer is waaaaaayyyy far away as I thought the belt might snap :eek: Was $475 to rebuild the pulley and clutch or $525 for the new compressor assembly, of course I bought the new one. It seems they "redesigned" the clutch assembly for the 07 and up compressors. Going to try and get reimbursed by GM under the warranty which just about to expire on my truck, need to get some paint fixed. So for those who have 06 or older, get your compressor checked out and replaced before your warranty expires.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.