Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boss drives a 1999 cummins w/ 102,000 miles.
We pull a 20' enclosed trailer to all our jobs and I have him cold on getting a computer chip. :D Now my question is what would be the best? All he wants is about 120 extra HP at the most! Just something that will help him pull vail pass quicker that 50mph. His mechanic told him the cummins trannys WILL hold up to 430hp..:confused: ..I always thought dodge had weak trannys...
I told him to check into edge, and maby the Big head, does this sound good? And will he need to beaf up the tranny?

My bosses father in law drives a dodge v-10, 5 or 6 speed. And he recently went out four-wheeling. He was crawling in 1st gear and when he went to apply more gas to climb over a log the engine died. Basically after a while of idle it would hesitate when he applied the throttle. A friend of the family told him after 15 seconds of the gas pedal not being touched it cuts the fuel supply to the injectors. And when he goes to apply more throttle there is a hesitation cause of the lack of fuel?!
Is this 15 second thing true? How would you correct this problem?

Thanks guys! :)

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?? anything help cause I dont know much about the cummins market...and i sure as hell have no clue about the V10's! anyone????

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Well first thing to know is the Cummins an automaic or manual and as far as the V-10, who knows I have never heard of anything like that. The Dodge I drive at work spends alot of time coasting without my foot on the throttle in off road situations and never have any problems like that. It's only a 5.2 maggot though.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
If its an auto it will not handle it. Manual trans can handle with a decent driver.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So the V-10's prob might be in the computer?

The 99 cummnis is an automatic, thats why I looked at him funny when his mechanic told him that the dodge auto WILL hold up to 430 something...So he is most likley going to have to upgrade the tranny too? John wont turn his truck up very far...pob will see level 1 & 2 most of the time.

1. What will he need tranny wise a strong torque converter or a couple disks?
2. Banks Big head worth it?
3. So banks big head with Edge would be a good idea?

Thanks guys sorry for not providing enough info.
Matt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts