Diesel Place banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys...need an opinion. My wife currently drives a 94 1500 4x4 Suburban gasser. If all goes well tomarrow, she'll be driving a 98 6.5 3/4 4x4 suburban. They are allowing me $6000 trade in on the gasser which leaves $2200 difference. Total for the suburban is $8200. This price sounds pretty good expecially since I know the history of the burb and have been patiently waiting for the guy to trade it in. I have even worked on it in the past. It has a 130,000 on the odometer and a new GEP long block put in at 88,000. The rest of the burb is mint.

What is the usual going price for a rig like this? I think I am getting a killer deal, just wanna hear it from my diesel place pals. So what do ya'll think...yay or nay?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me. Not bad for a dealership. Even better since you know the history of the 6.5 Burban.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
sounds like dam good deal and you know whats up with theses trucks i paid 9500 for my 99 gmc burb sle with 120k ive seen diesle subs in that year go for a little more id buy it before you if i lived closer hopefully your old lady knows how to respect a diesel good luck and lets see some pics

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya i'll keep ya'll posted on what happens tomarrow. The price seems to be right there with ebay's and KBB prices.....and the GEP engine is a huge plus IMO......dont have to deal with the 98 oil spray crack blocks. Anyway, if she goes thru stay tuned for pics.

BTW, it helps that the salesman at the dealership is a family friend....so he's hookin me up....I am just prayin my Father-in-law that works at a competiters dealership doesnt find out. :eek: :D

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
Buy it and if she don't like it let me know I'll come take it off your hands

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Buy it and if she don't like it let me know I'll come take it off your hands
Trust me TD...its a done deal in my head, I have been coveting this burb for a long, long time....its in the credit unions hands now. :D

Hopefully i'll be posting pics of it tomarrow.

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
I was eyeing one similar earlier for a little more money, and a little older vintage, hurricane Katrina made me reconsider to hang onto the minivan a little longer and pay for house repairs; I think you will be happy with the buy, I would be.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Diesel subs are few and far between up here.. I looked at a 1997 189,000km (116,000 miles) full load leather, 3rd seat etc... $15,700 (cdn dollars) that was at the repo yard last week when I was looking at a Benz for my Daughter.... I miss my '89 Sub.....

·
Registered
188 Posts
Its the known GEP long block that makes that such a value.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Gep???

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Got Eight Pistons????

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: :funnypost

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOL @ CR....Thats a good one.

Well, she's a done deal...signed and notorized. I am totally in love with this rig. It is a pleasure to drive. I think I got really lucky on this one. I know the history on it since it left the lot new. She's never been rode hard and shes been babied. Its also got a rare (imo) color scheme, white with mint? green lower section. She even has the original window option sticker in the glove box as well as all the dealer maintanance records. GEP block( General Engine Products) was dealer installed @ 88,000 miles because of cracked block which, I am Assuming, lead to a cracked crank, which resulted in a spun bearing. Anyway, She has a 130,000 on it now. Also has factory 12 disc CD changer....or dealer installed I should say. I feel like I stole it and the cops are going to show up any moment. ):h Didnt even look back when when I dropped the ole faithful gasser suburban off.

Future plans include exhaust, gauges, and remote PMD....other than that..she's stayin stock.

Heres the pics I promised.

Attachments

·
Registered
628 Posts
Looks really nice! Good deal for sure. Do you think that is the original color scheme? I have never seen that green and the grill is painted, which I also have never seen from the factory.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Looks REAL nice.):h

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks really nice! Good deal for sure. Do you think that is the original color scheme? I have never seen that green and the grill is painted, which I also have never seen from the factory.
As far as I know it is. I know of the guy that bought it new and its been the same as far as I can remember. I will check the window sticker to see if it says the colors or not.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts