Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 97 6,5 Turbo diesel Silverado 2500 4x4 rough idle sounds like big cam. Black very thick smoke, revs up and down on its own.Like riding a branch horse.pléase help lot of bad things been happening no móney coming in I might lose it no place left for me and truck I depend on it for shelter too. I love this truck I'm only days from losîng it I apologize I'm Dale I'm not real computer savvy I do what I can, Thank You

·
Administrator
19,948 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace

Have you checked for any codes? If so please post them here.
Any mods to your truck? If so please list them here also
(y)

·
Ronald Reagan fan
4,644 Posts
Hi dale.Is the lift pump working under the truck when the ignition is turned to RUN position?

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to DieselPlace

Have you checked for any codes? If so please post them here.
Any mods to your truck? If so please list them here also
(y)
P1656 wastegate solenoid control circuit

·
Administrator
19,948 Posts
Reactions: dieselolds

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
P1656 wastegate solenoid control circuit
Hi I didn't realize the the codes were lost when the bats first recharged I wrote down the codes I had a couple months ago when this first happened p0302 2 Cylinder misfire, p0016 CPS Coralation bank 1 sensor A, p2305 defination?, p0344 CPS Sensor intermittent, p0340 camshaft pos. Sensor, p0700 transmission control system its slipping I thought it was in limp mode well here you go I've had this the whole time guys I pulled bats out to charge lost codes restarted only saw p1656 wastegate solenoid so thats what happened. I lost my job to new partners boyfreind, truck broke down my place to live was gone I stayed drydock where I worked, got screwed out of 2 months pay, been limping around staying in my truck trying to figure it out why I only got one code wastegate solenoid the codes were lost when pull bats to recharge couldn't find deisel mechanic to help me anywhere here I was broke didn't know how to use this website or communicate with probably the best people in the internet has to offer until now I tryed to reach out best I could guess I deserved the sparkplug reward after all that discouraged me even more to try but I hope this is appropriate to post this but its the truth plus we here in Iselton just had a fire that burned down 40 acres of mostly the trailer park a lot of my freinds lost all or most of the belongings the friend whomb I kept my stuff was one of these that lived in Rancho Park well what ever you guys can do to advise now I am able to finally provide and ask you properly I'd appreciate.

·
Ronald Reagan fan
4,644 Posts
Reving up and down might be due to an air leak.Do you know when the fuel filter was replaced last?Were you able to clean the ground connections as Okdually mentioned earlier?Cleaning the grounds might eliminate most of the codes.The cps code is relating to the crankshaft position sensor but if you do need to get one only buy acdelco.The P0302 might be a bad injector on cylinder 2 which is the front passenger side cylinder behind the alternator.

Reactions: OkDually
1 - 8 of 8 Posts