Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm looking at buying a 1995 Hummer, could someone please give me an idea how involved it would be to swap in a Duramax, Thank You Spike481

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've owned a 96 Hummer, a98 Hummer and I currently own a 2001 Hummer (all H1's of course). I have no actual knowledge, but I do know that when they switched to the turbo diesels in the H!'s they had to raise the body to fit. There is not much room under the hood in those trucks. Obviously it can be done (the new H1 Alpha) but I would have to guess that it would be quite involved and quite expensive. The h1's are awesome vehicles, I would just get used to going slow!

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
Do a search one or more people here have swapped out D/A into other GMs, but no H1s.

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
Welcome to the Diesel Place. I think you will find this site to have tons of information and knowledgeable people that will help you along the way. Please do not hesitate to ask any questions. Use the search feature as many have asked the questions that you need answers to. It will be your friend. Thanks for joining up, we are happy to have you and most of all, Enjoy..

·
Registered
897 Posts
I think there is a company doing that for Hummers. If I recall it seems the price was around 10 grand complete. Do a search on Google for Duramax upgrade.

·
Registered
267 Posts
H1 DMAX would be sweet, from what I remember it was a real tight squeeze. If you are doing the conversion yourself then I would go to your local Hummer dealer and take a bunch of photos of an H1 Alpha. That should at least get you going in the right direction. Good luck and post pics if you do it!!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
For the money you could drop on a hummer, buy a jeep, drop a duramax in it and go spank a hummer.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I think you would flip the jeep (unstable cra*) with a d-max and loose even worse.:eek: .
Jeeps Suck!:lol:

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Jeeps Suck!:lol:
If there is 1 thing I am more loyal to than my truck, its jeeps in general. Sure the Hummer would sidehill like a mofo, but have you been wheeling anywhere lately? I would say 75% of the trails have atleast 1 spot that a hummer would never squeeze through. Also a hummer weighs twice what a typical jeep does. You bring the Hummer I will provide the Jeep, I will wheel circles around you all day.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
if the hummer can't squeze thru you just use a tow missle and make a bigger hole

1 - 11 of 11 Posts