Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi all. I have a 93 6.5 turbo motor that got hot and now has a crack in #2 cylinder. I just bought a 94 6.5 turbo. My question is about the injector pump ( 93 is manual and 94 is electronic ) is there anything special I need to know about changing the pumps? Is there anything else I need to change out? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

·
Administrator
15,934 Posts
Hi all. I have a 93 6.5 turbo motor that got hot and now has a crack in #2 cylinder. I just bought a 94 6.5 turbo. My question is about the injector pump ( 93 is manual and 94 is electronic ) is there anything special I need to know about changing the pumps? Is there anything else I need to change out? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
If you are swapping over the mechanical IP to the new motor then there is nothing special to do.. Just swap the IP..

·
Super Moderator Eco-Logistical
4,271 Posts
And wire tie the timing case cps... and swap over the oil pump drive/CPS

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
:ditto:

You can keep the reluctor ring / roller chain set on the 94 with the CPS and add a tach if you like...

Assuming you're installing the 94 engine into the 93 cab/chassis?

:thumb:

Reactions: Mr Mac

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys. I am putting the 94 motor in the 93. I bought the 94 just for the motor. It only has 109,000 miles on it. The 94 is a 4 x 4, but the frame in the front is rusted through. The rest of the truck is in great shape.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, so I put the mechanical IP on the 94 motor. It has been a long time sense I installed an IP. The problem I'm having is that I have to crank on the motor to get it started. I have moved the IP timing around a little bit, but that seems to do nothing.When I was bolting the IP to the timing gear I felt a little jump. I was almost thinking it may have jumped a tooth on the timing chain. If I shut it off and then restart within a minute it starts right back up, but if I let it sit for maybe a half hour I have to crank on it again to get it started. Any thoughts. Also on the wiring harness that goes across the fire wall I have a purple wire sticking out that looks like it had been pinched off. I can't find a wiring diagram that show this wire. Any thought on that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts