Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I turned the knob and you could hear it sloshing around. Truck sat for 13ish years and the floors were soaked the whole time because of the lovely rubber floor mat setup in which water is guaranteed to get under the mats at some point or other and has no means of escape, so it stays wet forever and ever.
Today and yesterday I took the entire rubber mat out of both of my trucks, scraped and wire brushed whats left of the floors and painted with a brush, white rustoleum. One side on this bucket truck floor is gone, but other side is still in existence.

The water was/is getting in through the heater and dripping out of the heater box. I can't tell, while raining, where it's getting in. No obvious windshield leaks.

?: is there a common/normal route of entry like this? I took the cowl grille off in front of the windshield and reached in. Huge handfuls of leaves that have rotted into potting soil. Truck is not a flood truck, it's been on high ground, under walnut trees so long it was sunk down into the ground 8" deep.

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
17,931 Posts
For 6.5L question is better posted in the 6.5L section.

As to answer your question, there is a drain hole approximately under the passenger front seat for the AC condensation.
When that hole is plugged, the water will spill inside the cabin.

You need to go under the truck and look for a small hose poking out.
If there is no hose, that also explain why it happen to yours.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will check for that, probably plugged with rotted organic material from sitting under trees for so many years

·
Premium Member
17,971 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I forgot update. Had to remove the wipers and then the cowl in front of windshield. There is an idiotic steel plate that is sealed with factory caulk above the blower. Any water that goes over windshield drains down into that gutter and washes over that heavy steel cap/plate, I forget maybe 8" long. I used good clear silicon and resealed it. Not a drop getting into truck now. Farm use only but good to keep it dry.

·
Administrator
17,205 Posts
I forgot update. Had to remove the wipers and then the cowl in front of windshield. There is an idiotic steel plate that is sealed with factory caulk above the blower. Any water that goes over windshield drains down into that gutter and washes over that heavy steel cap/plate, I forget maybe 8" long. I used good clear silicon and resealed it. Not a drop getting into truck now. Farm use only but good to keep it dry.
Glad your issue is resolved.
Thanks for giving us an update!
(y)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts