Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 94 2500 4x4 suburban LT w/ 6.5 turbo diesel. it is currently dead and has been sitting for 3 months in my yard like some giant yard ornamate waiting for me to get time to fix it. i brought the truck used in 2003with 70,000 miles on it, it came with the green tag injection pump and need the watse gate sol replaced when i got the truck (i have replaced 3 waste gate solnoids, 1 starter, [email protected] filter, battery cables with welding cable, 2 optima batterys, 1 transmission, and1 vacume pump) it has always had the part throttle dead miss and just falls on its face tring to get on the interstate what a pig! i am sick of getting beat by all of the other diesels out there and i am looking to to do some high performance upgrades to the truck i know the pmd and or the lift pump are bad so iam just going to replace them what i would like is for the readers of this to give me some suggestions on other up grades from there own experiance ie chip, exhaust system, injectors, glow plugs, air induction, guages, cooling, ect. the most towing i do is a open car trailer to the track a few times a year. i like the truck alot and dont want to pay the price of a new duramax to get some power so what do you guys recomend from your experiance as far as reliability , customer service and best bang for the buck for my truck try to keep it below $3,000.00
thanks for your help!

·
Registered
374 Posts
1. Exhaust
2. (looks like you have intake taken care of)
3. Guages
4. Chip
5. injectors
6. Big turbo

Your results may vary, and your order may vary too.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
I wouldn't bother with the injectors as long as the ones that are in there are ok.

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
1st upgrade FREE is read through the FAQ, a good primer for performance how to is in performance thread.

Next free mod is update your signature line, so we can better advise you and keep tabs on where you are in your quest for power project.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts