Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The lines were all rusted to pieces. I replaced all metal brake line on the front half of truck. Driver side wheel bleed but passenger side will not. Any ideas? I don't understand where the proportioning valve is.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It was the brake hose.

·
Registered
5,512 Posts
Interesting. A bad hose usually doesn't stop pressure from getting to the caliper. Most of the time they end up acting as a check valve and keeping the pressure from releasing out of the caliper.

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
17,725 Posts
The hose can go bad internally.
I suppose, it depends on how it goes bad internally.
I have replaced both side of the brake hose in the truck just for maintenance.
I had to bring the old one to a local hydraulic shop and have them replace the hose using existing end fittings.
No problem so far.

·
Premium Member
1995 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 6.5 TD
95 Posts
Interesting. A bad hose usually doesn't stop pressure from getting to the caliper. Most of the time they end up acting as a check valve and keeping the pressure from releasing out of the caliper.
Dependson how bad the inner hose has decomposed. I worked on a friends car nash rambler which was garaged for 5 yrs. His EDPM rubber brake lines were all decomposed bad enough to give him no brakes and that was after we rebuilt all the wheel cylinders and new master cylinder. It does happen

1 - 5 of 5 Posts