Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m pulling codes 82,38,36 and 87. It runs and drives good and the trans was gone thro before I got it, but shifts really hard into 2nd and I only get one tcc lockup per drive, as stupid as that sounds. Start it, go drive, goes through all gears plus tcc lock, once I slow down and take off again it will not run the tcc again until I shut down and restart.

I don’t get a service engine light until I get to 65mph. I’ve been through all my grounds, cleaned and added some with no change. Am I possibly looking at a bad solenoid? I need a little direction, not sure where else to look at.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’ve replaced the brake switch recently with no change. I even tried unhooking the plug to the switch just for grins and still the same.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Connect scan tool. drive until no lock up. Look at input and output speeds and fluid temp. ECM seeing low fluid temp can cause no lock up. Take input and output sensors out to clean off any metal filings that can "foul" the sensor.
Does a 94 actually have live data? I don’t have a scan tool that will do that on obd1 anyway.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I’m pretty sure I’ve figured my problem out, BUT I’m not sure how to fix it as the wires for the rear trans sensor are missing. No plug, nothing. Sensor is in the trans but nothing connected to it. Where do those wires run? Just a two pin plug but there isn’t a anything hanging or what appears to be cut or anything.

Apologies as this should’ve been the first post but I have not been under this truck in years. I got it for free from A friend and it’s just been a run around pickup on the farm bc of the problems it had and unreliability. The front driveshaft is in the way so I’ll have to yank it off and peel into those harnesses. They have to be somewhere.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Gas Automotive exterior

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Finally had time to pull this in the shop, checked out the front trans sensor/wiring and on the tcase, all looks good. Sensors were clean as well. Main plug on the trans was good and changed the brake switch. Did a little test this morning and whatever the problem is has to do with the brake wiring or something is causing the ecm to see brake signal after I push the brake. As long as I don’t touch the brake it will lockup every time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.