Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I still haven't drove too far from the house yet lol, but the truck seems to run good. I order a new boost sensor and a plug end if you may remember the plug was busted up so I wanted to replace them both. I remove the old sensor and there is a part of the sensor the drops down into the upper intake manifold there is a rubber grummet that keeps the are from escaping. I had to use the old one that came from the factory, the new part didn't come with it. I tried looking for a part number but I can't find it, at all. Any suggestion, thank you for your time that red rubber piece is basically what I am looking for although this is not the same part, but it will be the same concept on what is needed thank you Natural material Water Creative arts Jewellery Flooring

Natural material Water Creative arts Jewellery Flooring

·
Administrator
22,316 Posts
Hi I still haven't drove too far from the house yet lol, but the truck seems to run good. I order a new boost sensor and a plug end if you may remember the plug was busted up so I wanted to replace them both. I remove the old sensor and there is a part of the sensor the drops down into the upper intake manifold there is a rubber grummet that keeps the are from escaping. I had to use the old one that came from the factory, the new part didn't come with it. I tried looking for a part number but I can't find it, at all. Any suggestion, thank you for your time that red rubber piece is basically what I am looking for although this is not the same part, but it will be the same concept on what is needed thank you View attachment 652716

View attachment 652716
I believe any auto parts store should carry the little rubber grommet for the sensor.

·
Registered
252 Posts
SSDiesel has them if you can't find one anywhere else......say what you want about Walt but he does have some hard to find stuff on his site. Not cheap though....just depends on how bad you want it.

Reactions: OkDually and JMJNet

·
Registered
4,839 Posts

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
18,448 Posts
Ebay, Amazon and RockAuto have them.

Reactions: LinePilot

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for all the advise, I ordered the part, it should be coming soon, I assume that Walt was from ssdiesel? His part wasn't too bad in price from what I found on ebay and Amazon too had the piece. Since my wife had Amazon prime I had it shipped for basically $13 with express delivery. I looked and I couldn't find anyone who sold that unit with the grommet, and the sensor together. How do you know that you need it until you replace the darn thing.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Thank you for all the advise, I ordered the part, it should be coming soon, I assume that Walt was from ssdiesel? His part wasn't too bad in price from what I found on ebay and Amazon too had the piece. Since my wife had Amazon prime I had it shipped for basically $13 with express delivery. I looked and I couldn't find anyone who sold that unit with the grommet, and the sensor together. How do you know that you need it until you replace the darn thing.
Yes, Walt owns SSDiesel Supply......His grommet lists for $16.99 + $14.40 for shipping, plus tax......so you lookin at around $35 for that little piece of rubber. Just saw one on ebay for $6.00 shipped. Which one would you buy? Lol

Reactions: Glagulator
1 - 7 of 7 Posts