Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone come across a silver star for the fog lights (9145)?

I just want to match my High/Low to my fogs.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I've been looking too for the 9145's ... I don't think they are available yet ... could be wrong.

http://www.sylvaniaperformanceshop.com/orderxenarc/productthumbnails.asp?CId=%7B96AC4E28%2DEB45%2D4EC5%2DA86B%2D8C92BB185E4A%7D&NC=121200321658

Select the "High performance headlights and fog lights" from the drop-down list.

Note the bulbs for pre-03 fogs are different and available now ...however I've talked to a few guys that claimed they burned out within a week ... and run too hot. They got their money back since they are warranted for 1 year.Edited by: tophog

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the 9145s are 45w and our low beams are 50w or 55w...so I do no think ours would get to hot. Thanks for the info I will check out the site.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have been searching for 9145 Silverstars also, I dont think they exist. Atleast not on their website. If anyone knows of an alternative please let me know.

Russ

·
Registered
747 Posts
I emailed Sylvania a while back inquiring about 9145 silverstars(ST's). Below is their response:

"I'm very glad to hear you're happy with the ST headlights. But, no
unfortunately, the 9145 is not offered in any enhanced option at this time. The
SilverStar production/marketing team is very aware that consumers want the 9145
in SilverStar though; so, maybe it will be offered next year- we can't say for
sure at this time."

I would suggest that everyone that wants 9145 silverstars email them stating so. Maybe, if they receive enough requests, they will offer them sooner.

To contact them go here:

http://www.sylvania.com/feedback.htm

Scroll down to the feedback form and fill it out. They will respond within a couple of days.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I know that 9005's fit in the fog lights positions, so just buy the 9005 silverstars and pout them in there, i have the headlights and they are very nice.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Ltrain,

That is exactly what I was wondering! Thanks for the info guys!

Russ

·
Registered
747 Posts
Ltrain, the only problem I see with doing that is the 9005's are a higher wattage than the 9145's. EI=P(voltage x amperage = watts)

I would hate to take a chance on melting the wires or housings due to higher amperage means more heat. I know some guys on here have done it, but I would hate to take that chance. When I get the chance, I am going to check into rewiring the circuit to handle the extra amperage. If sylvania would just make the lamps, it would make things a lot easier.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Good point flhrciblueice! Thats why Iam so glad this forum exists!!

Russ

1 - 9 of 9 Posts