Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey my truck hadn't been started in a day. so i go out and start it for warm up high idle did kick in bfor i got back inside. it had been raining then turned to ice every thing frozen anyway got back in truck to leave an the evo shows 2200 fluxuating EGT'S :eek: i went on to town never over 55 mph. lowest they got were like 1900 i'm running on stage 2. i dont pull any thing. could the ice caused this???!! HERES THE KICKER I DIDNT SEEM TO HAVE AS MUCH TURBO WHISTLE EITHER??? :eek: I'LL TRY reset every thing an see.32000 mls. on trk. any help or advice any one. i'm hopeing its just a glitch cause of the temps. down to 8* tonite. THANKS guys.:(

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
might be a bad EGT thermo

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
??????

blizzardplowman;1593414; said:
might be a bad EGT thermo
wats a egt thermo. that thing i had drilled / tapped and installed that come with the evo ?????

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
WHISTLER.06;1593481; said:
wats a egt thermo. that thing i had drilled / tapped and installed that come with the evo ?????
Yep, that's what he's talking about. It's actually called a thermocouple. He just abbreviated it.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thermocoupler

JoshH;1593619; said:
Yep, that's what he's talking about. It's actually called a thermocouple. He just abbreviated it.
would it freeze up? or why/how would it go bad evo hasnt been on long???? how to see if its bad ??

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
I don't know. Sometimes they just go bad. I'd have a hard time believing your EGTs were actually that high. Especially idling.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Prick

dmax4u2nv;1593457; said:
your truck is going to explode!!!
theres one every were u go huh. Every body here is mostly cool buuut:flipa:

·
Registered
333 Posts
I would go with bad thermocouple. With the 5" exhaust and without a turbo, you would'nt see those temps.Thermocouple could probably be tested as resistance to tell whether its bad or not. Go to howstuffworks.com and see how it works and that should tell you how to test it :)

·
Registered
536 Posts
When I ran an Edge Juice w/ Att. on my old LLy I had a c ouple thermocouple problems that did what you're describing. Whith the key "on" and the truck not running, I had one that would read around 1500*. I wasn't parked on the sun at the time, so it was pretty easy to point the finger towards the thermocouple. :D

IIRC, they're supposed to read in the 1.0 - 1.5 range on a voltmeter, resting. Edge should send you a replacement for free. They replaced a couple for me back when.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank Ye

dodgerdogg;1593786; said:
I would go with bad thermocouple. With the 5" exhaust and without a turbo, you would'nt see those temps.Thermocouple could probably be tested as resistance to tell whether its bad or not. Go to howstuffworks.com and see how it works and that should tell you how to test it :)
alright man thanks an goodluck to u. i'll try:thumb: :chevy: :saluteusa:

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
WHISTLER.06;1593715; said:
theres one every were u go huh. Every body here is mostly cool buuut:flipa:
yup and your egts at idle were 2200.:shootself

·
Registered
556 Posts
Mine sit's at 3200 all day :D .

·
Registered
60 Posts
Tech Support

WHISTLER.06;1593388; said:
hey my truck hadn't been started in a day. so i go out and start it for warm up high idle did kick in bfor i got back inside. it had been raining then turned to ice every thing frozen anyway got back in truck to leave an the evo shows 2200 fluxuating EGT'S :eek: i went on to town never over 55 mph. lowest they got were like 1900 i'm running on stage 2. i dont pull any thing. could the ice caused this???!! HERES THE KICKER I DIDNT SEEM TO HAVE AS MUCH TURBO WHISTLE EITHER??? :eek: I'LL TRY reset every thing an see.32000 mls. on trk. any help or advice any one. i'm hopeing its just a glitch cause of the temps. down to 8* tonite. THANKS guys.:(
Just curious, have you called Edge's Tech Support? I'm sure they could help diagnose your problem!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts