Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These R4 compressors are R12 and R134A compatible. I did do a reseal on my 94 so i have the special tools needed and i bought a o ring kit. Also I bought a new receiver dryer, high pressure switch, 134A orifice tube and a vehicle specific o ring kit. Im going to pull the condenser and lines and flush them out, reseal the compressor and install all new orings. Im having a hang uo on the compressor connector. The wiring in my truck is a flat blade type with green and black wires and the compressor has a round plug. I dont know what to do because the compressor in the truck says 91 caprice so it came used but also has a second plug in. I didnt look at my 94 yet but i peeked at my 85 Pontiac with a R4 compressor and it has a straight up steel plug where I have a second connector. Its the one further away from the pulley. I just dont know how to splice or what to do. You can maybe see the old style flat plug had melted.

Attachments

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You can barely see the second plug in on my compressor i lost the other picture ill get better ones tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Dont forget to change your orifice tube while you're in there! Seen that mistake too many times. As far as the second connector, can't help ya. I would just run the one up front. I would guess the second connector is the same as the pressure switch on the line further back in your truck. The one at the front of the compressor is for the clutch. Pick up a new plug for the clutch and wire it in. Polarity shouldnt matter on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts