Diesel Place banner
61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,885 Posts
That came out good.
I solved my rust problem by picking up a rust & rot free cab, still surprised I was able to find one like this in the northeast.
Now to find a bed in the same shape.

Reactions: OkDually

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Dang .... I should send you my Burb to fix the body on if you do that nice of a job go a plow truck....

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Lol ya it was a fun job id do it again. Im having some ac rebuild issues if you guys see this im going to post another thread for help.

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Timing cover gasket, water pump, timing chain job. This is the least fun job to do but nice when its done. The slack is at .45 inch so pretty loose. I had this kit on the shelf for a few years so may as well just do it. Its a rolon chain which is not the greatest would perfer a cloyes chain but not spending the $$$ feels better.

Attachments

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Well winter is here and the truck is done. Or is it ever done? Lol The heater fan only works on high so I need to fix that and it's not coming off of cold advance so I need to diagnose and fix that. Also the angling Rams on the plow were bad and gushed fluid from the seals. I welded a tab on the plow and pinned it off straight for now just in case it snows. I need to order two rams soon. Haven't needed it yet in MN. I am going to shoot a quick video in the daylight because there's some cool features I've added. Other than that I installed new exhaust from the crossover pipe back and the truck is a pleasure to drive. With the Timbrens I installed on the front end the font only drops 3/4" when I pick the plow up.

Attachments

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Possible bad head gasket. Varying temp on the highway today 190 to 225 for about 5 miles! Got to work and parked it. More to come...

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Roh roo. Been driving it all summer? Were you driving with the plow?

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Roh roo. Been driving it all summer? Were you driving with the plow?
Yeah I had to plow on but I've had the plow on it for a couple weeks now and no problems with driving to work I'm going to change out the thermostat right now

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Truck ran hot on the way home around 200-210. The Stat has been changed but I still have to test drive it. I pulled the AC Delco from my 94 6.5 which is parked for winter. The one that was in this 91 6.2 looks like a stant brand I have to search the part number on it. Hopefully this is all thats wrong. There's no bubbles and the oil and coolant looks good along with the fan cluth is working. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: legendman

·
Registered
1993 chevy silverado c3500 crew cab dually
1,234 Posts
Only use ac Delco with these trucks. I went through 3 autozone premium stats all sucked. Threw a ac Delco in there and perfection. After a few of those instances I only believe in ac Delco for our diesels. 6.2 & 6.5

Reactions: Glagulator

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
Also do note that the gauges in these trucks are notoriously inaccurate. My K20 reads a little high and my s10 and my dads truck read a bunch low.

Reactions: JCDiesel

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Installed a AC Delco 195 stat and still was overheating. I took the plow off and drove it to work today and it stayed at 195 at 75mph. I did try carrying the plow low and high and it would still overheat. It's weird because the first couple weeks I drove it there was no issue. I wonder if the radiator is plugged internally because when I opened the drain petcock no coolant came out and I had the cap off. Or maybe it's just the plow but wouldn't the fan keep the truck cooled down? I might buy a new clutch for it. Mod???

Reactions: Sparkys Tacoma

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Also do note that the gauges in these trucks are notoriously inaccurate. My K20 reads a little high and my s10 and my dads truck read a bunch low.
I was thinking maybe a faulty gauge but now that it stayed steady at 195 with the plow removed I know the gauge is good.

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Only use ac Delco with these trucks. I went through 3 autozone premium stats all sucked. Threw a ac Delco in there and perfection. After a few of those instances I only believe in ac Delco for our diesels. 6.2 & 6.5

I installed a AC Delco

·
Administrator
19,275 Posts
Installed a AC Delco 195 stat and still was overheating. I took the plow off and drove it to work today and it stayed at 195 at 75mph. I did try carrying the plow low and high and it would still overheat. It's weird because the first couple weeks I drove it there was no issue. I wonder if the radiator is plugged internally because when I opened the drain petcock no coolant came out and I had the cap off. Or maybe it's just the plow but wouldn't the fan keep the truck cooled down? I might buy a new clutch for it. Mod???
I would clean the cooling stack and flush the rad with some Cascade dishwashing powder and do the cooling mods if they have not been done

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Yes could be blocked radiator or what happened to me was the overflow tube was clogged

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
Id toss a rad in it. These plug up slowly then overheat doing silly stuff. My sisters would do fine until you turned the AC on and idled. Then it would overheat like a mofo. Dropped a rad in, things are good to go!

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,885 Posts
Not sure what's different between a radiator for a 91-93 and 95 but the one that fits the 95 is cheap on Rockauto, like $160 cheap for a APDI. on epay they are $202 with shipping
I plan on using this one in my 93 for the swap.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
With or without automatic transmission cooler?

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,885 Posts
With or without automatic transmission cooler?
You asking me?

It shows both oil and trans cooler connections

ConstructionPlastic Tank Aluminum
Core Depth (in)2-1/4
Core Height (in)19-3/8
Core Width (in)34
Engine Oil Cooler (in)11-1/2
Inlet Connection (in)1-3/4
Outlet Connection (in)1-3/4
Rows2
Trans Oil Cooler (in)11-1/2