Diesel Place banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,742 Posts
Xmas came early for you, like all those new parts.

I ordered Red Hound door bushings myself, I heard they are of better quality than the dorman stuff.

·
Registered
6,198 Posts

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,742 Posts
Hey JC did you do your door bushings yet?
I did my drivers side yesterday with the Red Hound kit and I still have some sag and the door doesn't shut good. Not sure what to do now. argh.

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Hey JC did you do your door bushings yet?
I did my drivers side yesterday with the Red Hound kit and I still have some sag and the door doesn't shut good. Not sure what to do now. argh.
Was going to today. Have the engine hoist sitting out by the door but decided to start the truck and just listen to it run and smoke for 20 minutes. Turned the heat on and sat in it for a bit. :) No good they are sagging. I wonder if theyre just old n saggy. I hear that happens with age.

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,742 Posts
I wonder if theyre just old n saggy. I hear that happens with age.

I am talking about the doors not a pair of breasts. :hehe:

Have to wait for warmer weather now, temps in teens for a bit here.
I was thinking about building up where the pins go through with some weld and re-drill.

Reactions: JCDiesel

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
With all the hidden issues ive found with this $200 / now $1600 truck i just noticed a coolant leak up front while again replacing the warrantied crank pulley that lasted 5 minutes. I think its the water pump:eek:

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,742 Posts
With all the hidden issues ive found with this $200 / now $1600 truck i just noticed a coolant leak up front while again replacing the warrantied crank pulley that lasted 5 minutes. I think its the water pump:eek:

Ut oh,

I actually worked on my door bushings while we had a warm spell.
I ground out where there weren't bushings and put bushings there, JB welded them in. Door shuts much better now.
It was so bad the right top (looking at the door) was hitting the cab.

The cherry picker method of holding the door works great, I tried using a jack the first time and it was a pain.

·
Registered
6,198 Posts
Yes, lil things add up some days ... ask me bout my Big Burb some time, I just rebuilt it’s T case ...

Sorry to hear about the water pump. I wish they were more like a sbc to change. Have you tried running the truck with a zero pressure cooling system? Sadly I had to do that with my wifey’s grand am ...

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Project update now that winter is almost over. Plowed all winter with my wd45 allis:thumbsdow:thumb: I got the trans buttoned up along with a bunch of other crap.The 700r4 i installed which was from a gas truck shifts great. I installed a new filter disconnected the return line and ran it into a bucket the idled the truck to cycle all the old contaminated fluid out. I used the converter that came with the used trans mostly because ra listed the same converter for gas or diesel in 1991. Whatever it shifts beautifully. When i first put the truck in R it kicked right into gear like right now. Same with D:cool2: Also this never happens for me the gear indicator is spot on andthe linkage is tight like a brand new truck. No sloppy shifter :thumb: Truck is now up for a full front end rebuild on stands and wheels off. Need to graduate to a vehicle lift soon something about turning 40 i suppose:rolleyes: Lol Ill make a video or post some pics tomorrow unless corona V takes me out. God willing ill be back soo yall!

·
Registered
1993 chevy silverado c3500 crew cab dually
1,172 Posts
I hope you get the coors virus instead. Yeah laying on your back after 30 sucks

Reactions: juanfo and JCDiesel

·
Registered
6,198 Posts
Some of us are north of 45 and still wrenching outdoors ... flat on our backs 365 ... yup it sucks ...

·
Registered
3,625 Posts

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,742 Posts
Some of us are north of 45 and still wrenching outdoors ... flat on our backs 365 ... yup it sucks ...

About north of 50 and still wrenching in the dirt.
I'm thinking I might have a concrete pad poured this year, might make it a little more bearable.

·
Registered
6,198 Posts
Yes, that would be a huge step up for me too!!

It’s been a huge step down from the fully kitted out shops I managed back in the late 90’s. I also never thought I’d be living rural and doing the wrench work I am.

Kanukistan high tech red neck to the bone ...

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Bump stop mount

Attachments

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Timbren part number is for 1/2 ton just incase anyone uses it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,094 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Wrenching on plywood seems best. I pulled my truck into my back yard to pull the motor. And dirt is way softer on the hips than concrete. Or put down a roll of carpet to stop the dust transfer.

And I told my wife she likes coors banquet for some reason.

Reactions: Bigboytoys

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Ummmm cardboard cushion!!!

21 - 40 of 64 Posts