Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally getting to this little gem. I bought it for $200 has a bad transmission. Kind of putting the mule before the cart here because I want to have the engine running before installing a transmission to be certain the one in it wasn't misdiagnosed. Well got sidetracked while installing a new crank pulley and used balancer noticed the front seal was bad so started moving batteries and mounting the pump. Its a F44 heavy duty chassis so hopefully it will do ok for a 1/2 ton. Just using the truck for plowing the driveway and going for store runs.

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The truck is pretty decent and not rotten but has some rust. I picked up a 8FT Leo plow with the mount, pump, and controller for $400. If you dont know a Leo plow they used to be made in MN at truck utilities now the blades are fabbed elsewhere. Amazingly the design today hasn't really changed and this one had a weld date of 1987 and is in great shape. They are heavy duty so hopefully the truck can handle it. I'm rebuilding the front end complete and bought a set of Timbren for the front to help with sag.

Attachments

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's the passenger side before and after along with moving the battery. Ill make some cables to fit and rewire the charging system. The washer fluid has to be relocated but I'm not mounting it between the pump and coolant it was just set there.

Attachments

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's the snorkel that the intake connects to inside the fender. Yank it out if you have one your 6.2 will breathe freely and thank you. New crank pulley and front seal. Part number if interested. I cannot believe how shot the pulley was. I hope the po didn't drive it long like this.

Attachments

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Odd the cab corners and rockers are just shot but the doors have hardly any rust. I'm going to tack on some corners and rockers like real fast. Have a Non EGR intake going on and some other stuff. Post more in a couple days.

Attachments

Reactions: Bigboytoys

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Ya that's very typical GMT rust. Can't wait to see it done and moving bbuuut that would also means it snowed and I don't want that yet.

:bigglasse

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,761 Posts
Nice score :thumb: Should be a decent plow rig.

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got the Non EGR intake in place tonight. I read that some members who installed non egr intakes on their 6.2 trucks had issues with the air cleaner clearing the injection pump and had to add a riser with 6 inch pvc. Also read that members had to cut the tab off the air cleaner. For whatever reason I had to do neither. Why? I could not tell you. Ive had the non EGR intake on the shelf for a few years and don't remember what it came off. So I used my current air cleaner off the 91 on the intake and a perfect fit. However the CDR Hose on the passenger side was 1" on the EGR intake and the Non is 3/4. Easy solution was to cut a piece of 3/4 heater hose I had and use it as a bushing.

Attachments

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Installed the sought after 82/83 spin on filter mounts also. Drilled and tapped the intake for the secondary and mounted the primary on the firewall. Will be chopping off the return line at the framerail where the lift pump is and running rubber lines from the lift pump to the primary and the return will also be all rubber. The crimped rubber/metal factory lines over the bell housing gotta go. Also I have a fuel filter heater that ill be wiring in and heating the primary. Goodbye to the Model 80 Box and good ridden!

Attachments

·
Registered
1993 chevy silverado c3500 crew cab dually
1,208 Posts
I like where you placed the spin on oil filter. I was looking at firewall but not now

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,761 Posts
I like where you placed the spin on oil filter. I was looking at firewall but not now

Huh, one is on the intake and one is on the firewall.
Primary and secondary on the old spin on setups.

btw JC, you are gettin it done, nice progress.

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Got the Non EGR intake in place tonight. I read that some members who installed non egr intakes on their 6.2 trucks had issues with the air cleaner clearing the injection pump and had to add a riser with 6 inch pvc. Also read that members had to cut the tab off the air cleaner. For whatever reason I had to do neither. Why? I could not tell you. Ive had the non EGR intake on the shelf for a few years and don't remember what it came off. So I used my current air cleaner off the 91 on the intake and a perfect fit. However the CDR Hose on the passenger side was 1" on the EGR intake and the Non is 3/4. Easy solution was to cut a piece of 3/4 heater hose I had and use it as a bushing.

Weelll ya just gata ask and we'll answer just about anything.

The intakes that use a 6in PVC riser are Hummer intakes and they also have the mounting studs 90* re clocked.
The air cleaners that need the tab cut off are when your mixing the older SB intake with a GMT air cleaner, or the other way around.

Your GTG and nice work, can't wait to see it done.

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Waiting for parts. Lots of parts.:facepalm:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Nice work there.
Bargain of the century! !
PS do you have the GM part number from the non EGR intake, it will go on my and others wish list.
Ta!

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice work there.
Bargain of the century! !
PS do you have the GM part number from the non EGR intake, it will go on my and others wish list.
Ta!
Ill get.

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Been busy but will be getting to this next week. Heres some nos ac parts i found on ebay for the right price. Also pressure gauge installed and wired in a silicone heater which gets quite warm actually. All parts are here used trans, all new front steer and susp parts, fuel lines and lift pump, ground straps, door pins and bushings, full ss oil lines and cooler kit, tank strainer, brake pads, brake lines, and more. Plow and mount are set up for prep and paint. Going to weld up a custom tailgate that will be similar to a airgate. Have some cheap flood lights a tool box i got for free and pulling the headache rack off my 94 (selling the 6.5 in the spring) for this truck.

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Heres the Timbrens for the front end. This part number is for 1/2 ton 4x4 not 3/4 ton. I would like to mount the plow without the timbrens and then with to measure the difference. Also i used 3/4 id heater hose and a 3/4 pex plug for plumbing to plug the intake port. It fit perfect well see how it holds up.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Both 1/2 and 3/4's used 10 Bolts so the only difference would be the extra leaf used on a 3/4.

Yes, measure pre and post plow mount then maybe add a spacer if you need it.

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Both 1/2 and 3/4's used 10 Bolts so the only difference would be the extra leaf used on a 3/4.

Yes, measure pre and post plow mount then maybe add a spacer if you need it.

No leafs in the front its torsion:confuzeld You talking rear?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts