Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got to drive a 900 LMM around a parking lot at the IBS in Orlando today.
Sounded quieter in the cab than the current ones do just at an idle.
I also noticed that they have top post batteries for once. GM may have done something right for a change.
That megaphone exhaust is downright weird how it sticks out past the rear bumper.

·
Registered
549 Posts
saratoga;1582835; said:
I got to drive a 900 LMM around a parking lot at the IBS in Orlando today.
Sounded quieter in the cab than the current ones do just at an idle.
I also noticed that they have top post batteries for once. GM may have done something right for a change.
That megaphone exhaust is downright weird how it sticks out past the rear bumper.
How would you compare how it sounded in the cab to how a gasser sounds? And how did it sound from the outside?

·
Registered
62 Posts
What'd you drive? The GM or the Chevy? What configuration?

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RoadShark;1583523; said:
How would you compare how it sounded in the cab to how a gasser sounds? And how did it sound from the outside?
You wouldn't mistake it for a gasser, but it is definitely quieter once you shut the doors both at an idle and while accelerating. Less engine noise in the cab was the main thing I noticed (not that there's much with the 06's). Keep in mind I was confined to a section of a parkin lot, so 30mph was the fastest I saw. From the outside, It sounded no different than the current LBZ. Didn't get behind it to hear the exhaust from that goofy tailpipe though.

ktmrdr85;1583543; said:
What'd you drive? The GM or the Chevy? What configuration?
It was a Greystone Metallic GMC 3500 DRW CC LTZ. Sticker price was 50 and change :eek:
GM Commercial had that and a reg. cab Chevy work truck 6.0 auto outside at the international builders show in Orlando this afternoon for people to check out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts