Diesel Place banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any clue what I would have if I stacked these two together?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
probably a limped tranny in 5th

·
Registered
958 Posts
What would you have if the tranny didn't limp?

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
A Burnt up C3 clutch pack ... Limp is a built in safety for the transmission ... Not actually designed for how were activating it as we still will see some blacking of the clutches after prolonged limp tests ...

Do what you'd like but realize what you signed on for ...

Mac

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought that maybe the Juice's tranny protection function would defuel before it slipped? Just curious. I have been dreaming of getting either a Juice (refurb) or quad to go with what I have. Thought maybe the Juice would be safer?

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
The problem with defueling before slip is like knowing when to throw the pillow down when if you slip and fall. Some slip has to occur for the software to react.

·
Registered
133 Posts
i stacked the 2 together but i had 125 juice i made 438 hp on a mustang with ats trans so dont know about limping a stock one.....

·
Registered
958 Posts
Thanks for giving a straight answer!

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
The Juice will back itself down to protect the transmission, however it is unable to back down the power output of a stacked box combination.

BEWARE!

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I gave you a straight answer.........stacked modules and stock trannys dont last........but hey suit yourself. Joe can sure use the business.........The worst is when your running stacked and go to pass and it zings...
.......been there done that....not lately

for a list of major stacks see the dyno III post... all of the real power making chips were tried.......

·
Registered
958 Posts
My 6spd won't zing.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guys, I would not stack it on a stock tranny. Since I already have the Superchips, I was just wondering what the stack would make.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
ask cpmac about zinging one

·
Registered
958 Posts
With 438 horsies?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I don't know the specs on the ZF or how much power the dual-mass fly is rated for. I would say that just like the Allison it was chosen based on the stock output of the engine.

When you add 200 plus more horsepower above stock levels to the mix it is only a matter of time to have a failure, not if. Just because it is a manual tranny does not make it bulletproof.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I know it's not bulletproof, just curious how much horsepower the flywheel can hold. It would be nice to hear from someone who knows rather than finding out the hard way.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hopefully CPMac will comment. I heard that his stock clutch held 470 hp and 820 tq at the rear wheels. Not sure for how long.

I'm sure a lot depends on driving habits. I should finally have some test results of my own in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Yeah I'd like to hear what the breaking point was for CPMac. I played with the 155hp bullydog chip (after the truck dyno'd at 257, so I'm guessing ~410 rwhp) for about 5 - 10 minutes and there was no slipping, although I was in an urban area and didn't get to try 6th gear.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts