Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got thursday 04 cc/lt/alli/2wd have 3400 miles on it from running down to florida to see parents. love the truck, except the rpm's i'm seein. don't want to regear a truck thats not even a week old. and came with a 46g sticker price. thinking to go with some 265's. truck came with 245's. need some info please. will the truck /motor take running 3000rpm's all day long??? thanks steve

·
Registered
611 Posts
Steve,

I drive like that every day to work (80mph-95mph), sure wish I could go faster.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I noticed the same thing. It kinda bothered and surprised me especially since I came from a Ford 6.0L which has a much higher redline. I've since installed the H2 take-offs which are 315-70-17 and now Im about 10mph faster at an indicated 70 on the speedo so Im doing about 80 at a more comfortable RPM. BUT, that aside, I believe these Dmax motors can run like that all day and night

·
Registered
27 Posts
JMHO - The truck was made mostly for the towing market, therefore geared appropriately. You may be able to run at 3K all day long, but your engine life will be cut by a third compared to running at 2K. But, then again, you just have to cut her loose once in a while.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts