Diesel Place banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i took my truck 2004.5 lly to the dealer for the anti lock brake update ,the light was comming on now and then . I had him check the balance rates i figured it might be time to consider some preventive injector replacement . Well the tech checked the balance rates and he said they all were preforming perfect!!.I change my fuell filter every 6000 miles and i add standyne every fillup . I also by my fuel from the local burner service oil guy he has 30or so trucks and has his own fuel depot and he offers fuel cards so we can fuel any time of day or night . Im sure its good fuel he runs it in his own trucks and has a mechanic thats very good with there truck service. The only major repair if you could call it that, was replacing front wheel bearing at 70,000. So far only one set of brakes . My only complaint is that the paint on my steering wheel stero buttons as warn off but thats probably due to the solder flux on my fingers LOL. I own 4 of these classic trucks 2-04s and 2-05s i hope they run forever because i dont like the way the new trucks look and im not sure about that exaust filter . maybe ill look for some very low mile used classics when the time comes to replace theses . Everybody have a Merry Christamas and a Happy New Year and be safe and Heathy :beerchug:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Well, that makes me happy. I have only about 30,000 relatively trouble-free miles so far.

With good care, I should have few problems to look forward to. :)

Merry Christmas to all, and best of luck with Your DMAXes in the New year!!!

G

·
x2. Bought my truck with 76k on it - looked like it did the day it came off the showroom floor. I just turned 90k miles the other day... and so far, a new set of tires (thanks, PO!) and (according to the PO) the stereo had to be replaced (under warranty).

Worst thing I've had happen occurred last night in the WalMart parking lot. Wipers on... and all of a sudden the driver's side wiper stopped moving. A quick run over to the adjacent Soapy Joe's carwash for light revealed that the nut holding the wiper arm on had come loose. 30 seconds with an adjustable wrench and that's that.

I think I can live with this... :HiHi::HiHi:

Merry Christmas to all!

:horsey:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Yeah me too, About 150 miles ago i hit 90000 and all i had to do was change the water pump. I'm happy.:D

·
Registered
700 Posts
Gratz guys, glad to see trucks performing as we'd expect!

Although isn't this kind of like telling a pitcher he's throwing a perfect game right before the 9th inning...? :D

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
i didn't get my first major issue on my 04.5 LLY until 180k miles. Which was the transfer case pump rub issue.

·
Registered
234 Posts
114,000 here and not one hiccup! Well, except for the lightning strike! lol It's running great now though!

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
just about 92k here and aside from being a picky tech, i did pump and a few injectors, i have had no issues i haven't caused. i love my truck.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I aint sayin nutin. :gr_grin:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would like to thank all of you for not being afraid to to say "Merry Christmas".
Merry Christmas to all of our fuel oil burning friends and family.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts