Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did my second oil change this past weekend and again I see only 9qts of oil added and the dipstick shows full. I know the manual says 10, but I'm only getting 9 in and don't want to overfill. Drove it some, checked again, and still shows full. Anyone else notice this or should I just put the last quart in?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Did you change the filter too? (I know, prorably stupid question...but had to ask anyway). How about was it parked pointing down hill. Due to the location of the drain if it is on a downward slope it can leave some oil in the pan.

John

·
Registered
62 Posts
Mine always takes 10 plus a splash to put it to the full mark. I pull the front of the truck onto ramps, leave the rear down, open the fumoto, and let her drain.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
If you didn't drain it hot or drained it nose down (as mentioned )you probably left a quart inside .... No biggie but try to get it HOT next time and get a Fumoto (sp ?) valve for that burn free feel ....

Mac
Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
My truck is like smitty. 10 quarts and a splash.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
I picked up this cool super magnet drain plug from Georgcls.....

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got a Fumoto put in during the first change and always change it hot/warm. Maybe the front end wasn't quite up enough. Probably pull it up on some 4x4's or something next time during the drain.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Front end has got to be on ramps, or you will not get a complete drain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts