Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I recentley bought some rims from a friend of mine. They are 20in Lexani's. He had them on his Honda Accord. Got em for a reeeal good price.

Well I was wondering, cause i'd really like to mount them on my Duramax. So would i be ok if i just used some 8 to 4 lug adapters to make em work?

They would look real good on my truck,and since i got em..might as well use em right?

Joe

·
Registered
156 Posts
Your kidding right?

·
Registered
81 Posts
that's probably the dumbest sh!t I've ever heard in my life.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow some discouraging people on here. I thought everyone was friendly.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
i don't know the answer to your question, but if i did i wouldn't be a tunnel visioned opinion pig about it.

who the hell cares what you think? he asked a GD question!

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Did KAC make the wheels your referring to? Some of their dot 7.9 fluid would hold up real well with those wheels...you don't even need tires... just put some KAC on the wheels and they'll suspend the geothermic heat retention of the alloys biomolecular properties and you should be good to go...if you used all that you purchased you can opick some more up at Greediesel.com

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Well I am assuming that they are not HD wheels so it would not be a good idea. You can't just buy an adapter and have them work. Don't get me wrong you could run them if you could find an adapter but I really don't think that its a good idea since you are lossing half the lug nuts. Very unsafe!

·
Registered
156 Posts
wow some discouraging people on here. I thought everyone was friendly.
Now honestly, do you think there is a reason a HD truck has more than 4 lugs? It's not that we are being discouraging, I'm just appauled someone with this type of vehicle would even ask something like that. It's like whipe'n before you poop, It just doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
81 Posts
i don't know the answer to your question, but if i did i wouldn't be a tunnel visioned opinion pig about it
Fine then. Take a big drill bit and bore out 4 of the holes on those honda wheels to match your 8x6.5" HD hubs, then take a bfh and smash off the other 4 studs on your truck. Bobs your uncle!

Either that, or fab something out of wood and lag bolts, or possibly lego and playdough.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Ditto all of the above....

#1 - 8 lugs needed. Even the "wimpy" Tundra uses 6.
#2 - I'd be willing to bet that the Honda wheels are not rated for a 7,000# vehicle.
#3 - You want to put 20s on a Duramax? :eek:

·
Banned
2,530 Posts
Come on guys, no need to get down on him, he got a good deal on the wheels, why shouldn't he use them? You should be able to have a good machine shop make so custm adaptors to make them fit. The cool thing is that you can get the back spacing right where you want it. The bad thing is that you can't really tow or haul heavy...not a big deal if you don't do it anyway. let us know how it turns out...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Come on guys, no need to get down on him, he got a good deal on the wheels, why shouldn't he use them?
Well concider that the wheel was made for a light weight Honda. Do you think there is a reason that it is not made for a heavy vehicle, such as a Heavy Duty Truck? Sure go ahead and encourage him to use them and jepordize the safety of all the other drivers on the road with him. Hell it may be you he crashes into when the wheel gives out.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Come on guys, no need to get down on him, he got a good deal on the wheels, why shouldn't he use them? You should be able to have a good machine shop make so custm adaptors to make them fit. The cool thing is that you can get the back spacing right where you want it. The bad thing is that you can't really tow or haul heavy...not a big deal if you don't do it anyway. let us know how it turns out...
No need to help him, you arent gonna put those wheels on a dually anyway, and making a living pulling boats he isn't gonna be able to use them. Assuming that he really got them or he is just trying to be cute....

Need I go on??? Or is this thread just about played out?????;)

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
After you grind off 4 lugs. Then you should cut away your frame and remove your interior and bed so those light weight jap car wheels will be able to hold the weight of the truck.

·
Banned
2,530 Posts
No need to help him, you arent gonna put those wheels on a dually anyway, and making a living pulling boats he isn't gonna be able to use them. Assuming that he really got them or he is just trying to be cute....

Need I go on??? Or is this thread just about played out?????;)
What is it with some of you nonsteer texanans, can't have fun so ya gotta cry about it when others do? And yes you are played out;)

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
What is it with some of you nonsteer texanans, can't have fun so ya gotta cry about it when others do? And yes you are played out;)
Not cryin' about anything....there is a time and place for everything, why not start the "funny" threads in the Off topic where they belong....;)

I'm played out??? Don't think so, don't claim to know me, cause you don't....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
565 Posts
for a real good laugh I called a couple of places that make adapters and they said no problem hd chevy8lug to a toyota 4 lug. Did say to take and stick a gun to my head and pull trigger for he would build them if thats the way I wanted to go out in life.

·
Banned
2,530 Posts
Not cryin' about anything....there is a time and place for everything, why not start the "funny" threads in the Off topic where they belong....;)
Like there's no outa place threads here, besides...what's the harm in it? HHMMM that's right, nothing... It's not like he was telling anyone to do it, he just asked about it...
I'm played out??? Don't think so, don't claim to know me, cause you don't....:rolleyes:
Well skippy, it looks that way to me....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts