Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at an 86 military blazer, and the bottom end went on it. guy said he was pulling through an intersection and it started knocking. said soon as he was through he shut it down. Now my question is, Im on a very limited budget, and junkyards round here are asking a grand or better for a used complete 6.2!!! and all of a sudden all the 6.2 short block assemblies on E-bay are gone! even the 6.5's are gone. what is going on??? and does anyone have a short block assembly for sale??? Id love to have a diesel K-5. Thanx!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Keep watching, you could probably get a whole truck for less.

There are plenty of 6.2's left, If not I'll sell you mine for $2,000 the Suburban and 260K miles come with it. Of course it runs great.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Try to find military/gov't auctions. The biggest problem is depending on the location someone may come in and buy a whole group of vehicles so it cuts out those of us looking for one thing.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Avant Salvage in Sanderson GA sold me a complete 6.2 for $900

They are a salvage yard and the engines are tested for compression before being sold. If they fail the compression test they rebuid them and sell them as such.

Traveler may be right you could find an old mail truck or step van with a 6.2 and pick it up for $500 but you'll have no idea as to the shape of the engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts