Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,513 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That link you sent is for the obs 88-98 trucks and 92-02 blazers. I need the ones for 81-91 will the newer mounts fit? The upper part has a different part number but isn’t available for 81-91, I want to use the newer mounts do they fit the older trucks? Anyone try?

·
Registered
2,513 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I bought a doorman aftermarket 88-98 mount and it looks closer to the factory style. However the hieght on the obs trucks is taller then the sqaure body. I returned it. I’m gonna try the crappy Sherman mounts. I think I figured out how they go? The bevel large washer on the bottom needs to be reused from the old mounts. I only had one, the other ones rotted out and fell off! I will try and use a gm washer from the obs trucks I got from my local dealer for 11.00. I’ll also need to use roughly 2” longer bolts then what Sherman sent??

I just can’t believe more Poeple haven’t run into trouble? No ones used the crappy Sherman mounts before?

100cdn for both Sherman mounts. I found some oem mounts thanks to your diagram, but with shipping and taxes boarder fees and the upper, and lower parts it’s going to be around 260 cdn

·
Administrator
15,966 Posts
Well I bought a doorman aftermarket 88-98 mount and it looks closer to the factory style. However the hieght on the obs trucks is taller then the sqaure body. I returned it. I’m gonna try the crappy Sherman mounts. I think I figured out how they go? The bevel large washer on the bottom needs to be reused from the old mounts. I only had one, the other ones rotted out and fell off! I will try and use a gm washer from the obs trucks I got from my local dealer for 11.00. I’ll also need to use roughly 2” longer bolts then what Sherman sent??

I just can’t believe more Poeple haven’t run into trouble? No ones used the crappy Sherman mounts before?

100cdn for both Sherman mounts. I found some oem mounts thanks to your diagram, but with shipping and taxes boarder fees and the upper, and lower parts it’s going to be around 260 cdn
You might want to create a post over in the 6.2L section and ask the squarebody members there for some insight.

:thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts