Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from the local 1/8mi. track and ran a best of 8.27 with a small shot of nitrous .062 stage 1 I guess thats ok considering it was about 85 deg. out there and I couldnt seem to get the truck to hook up like usuall.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Nice times. Just wait till the tracks not sloppy.:cool:

·
Registered
125 Posts
What was your trap speed? Did you run without the nitrous as well? Nice run.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my highest trap was an 82mph. I have ran in the 8.2's on motor only before the new trans with a mcrat race tune only. I think the track sucked last night. I did make a couple of motor only runs and ran 8.7's and an 8.8. I dont think the tranny made me run slower if anything it helped out quite a bit. The shifts were very quick and firm on race mod. Just for gigles I ran it with the copilot off and the thing shifted like crap the shifts took forever. I love my new copilot and feel I made the right choice.I am going back tonight to kennedale racetrack if anyone is interested in going. I will be there in the tan crewcab ask for Randy.

·
Registered
370 Posts
If you were to convert your times to 1/4 mile, you would be somewhere around a 12.75 for your et, however based on your mph your around 105mph for trap speed. Looks like you need to get those 60s down abit;)

·
Registered
915 Posts
My dually runs the same 8.2's at 82. It does 13.0's in the quarter at 103. I've got a small nitrous system in the garage, though I'm afraid I'll pop the head gasket. I'm trying to wait until it's o-ringed. You may have a quicker quarter since I'm a little heavier.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I cant seem to get the 60' back down after the tranny install I think I am running slower now than before.I know alot of it has to do with not being able to launch over 1800RPM's. Alot of people here have mentioned that it is the torque management on my LBZ but I am wondering why it would do that only after a tranny upgrade. I did not have that problem with the stock tranny. Any ideas on how to fix it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.