Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I swapped Vortec 8100 into my Pontiac Firebird 91
There is a lot of work with intake, throttle body, heads, valves etc.
I think about camshaft.
I live in Russia and can't buy camshafts like french fries in a pack
Raylar does not answer me..
Does anyone know the specification of raylar's cams?
Or maybe anybody could help me to find a source for cam bp 206 from raylar?

·
Administrator
18,093 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you but there are nothing useful.
I have sent there 2 mails
no answer.
phone number.. from Russia this is fantastic and I don't speak english enough to discuss such terms as camshaft specification and reason why I need camshaft only (but stroker kit for 4000$)
In other words, you really help me if I give you $ and a little extra and you purchase camshaft for me. and may be some other parts.
raylar - specific performers according to feedbacks at the forums.

·
Administrator
18,093 Posts
Thank you but there are nothing useful.
I have sent there 2 mails
no answer.
phone number.. from Russia this is fantastic and I don't speak english enough to discuss such terms as camshaft specification and reason why I need camshaft only (but stroker kit for 4000$)
In other words, you really help me if I give you $ and a little extra and you purchase camshaft for me. and may be some other parts.
raylar - specific performers according to feedbacks at the forums.
Use this information to contact them.
Be patient for a response, as they are a business and will get busy sometimes
If you get no email response after 1 month, then write them by regular mail for assistance and purchasing info.
E-mail: [email protected]
Address:4645 Ruffner St San Diego, CA 92111

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there is a suspicion that "anyone" blocks my mails to the United States. My friend Madtuner don't answer me either. Well, wait until spring.... May be swap ZIL130 v8 to pontiac...)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Here is the Cam chart. If you have the specs on a cam that is missing, send it to me and I will add it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Drakito,Thank you very much!

211s and 207s without parameters...

Do you have experience of buying cams from laylar?
also, nice suburban, do you do anything with Hulk's engine?

·
Registered
157 Posts
The 211s and 207s were announced a couple of years ago when the 2nd generation whipple supercharger kit was. No one I know has bought or measured one yet. I know they exist, and have been bought and installed, but not measured by anyone.

Raylar you need to call him on the phone. The only way to order one. However, as you are in Russia, I doubt he will ship internationally. The last time I shipped a car part internationally it cost 4x more than the part did in shipping and custom fees. The part was like $500, and the shipping/customs came out to $2100. At that point it's cheaper to fly here, buy it, and bring it back in your luggage, then pay customs on re-entry to your home country.

And in response to your IM, I don't have any contacts for parts other than the web and calling parts companies directly.

The hulk has a raylar 202, modified intake, roller rockers, stainless long tubes, custim x pipe exhaust, e-fans, and a tune for the engine stuff.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi.
Has anybody the book Chevrolet 8.1l Vortec/496 Performance Manual: How to Modify 8100 Vortec Truck and 496 Cid Marine Engines
in any format? I am ready to buy. Paper version shipping to Russia too long.

·
Administrator
18,093 Posts
Hi.
Has anybody the book Chevrolet 8.1l Vortec/496 Performance Manual: How to Modify 8100 Vortec Truck and 496 Cid Marine Engines
in any format? I am ready to buy. Paper version shipping to Russia too long.
Check Amazon. They should have some new/gently used manuals in stock and will ship to Russia

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I already boughе from ebay UK, but delivering time about month. I will wait. This book only paper and not in Russia.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Request to join this group on Facebook. There are lots of members that are willing to help. Edward Coss & Hank Slocum probably have the most knowledge about the 8.1.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts