Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 8.1 L vortec in my GMC 2500 HD 03 226,000 when you start it and it’s cold doesn’t make any noise it warms up to temperature ticks on the driver side accelerate it gets louder in between shift goes away and the oil pressure gauge drops when your stopped and when you decelerate looking for where to start in possibilities before I tear it apart

· Administrator
27,225 Posts
My 8.1 L vortec in my GMC 2500 HD 03 226,000 when you start it and it’s cold doesn’t make any noise it warms up to temperature ticks on the driver side accelerate it gets louder in between shift goes away and the oil pressure gauge drops when your stopped and when you decelerate looking for where to start in possibilities before I tear it apart
Welcome to DieselPlace

Located up at the top of this forum section is the 8.1L tip & tricks thread that may help answer some questions:
(y)

· Registered
411 Posts
Could be a lifter. Possibly a bent push rod. Has the engine ever been mechanically over-reved?

· Registered
411 Posts
Ticks can also be manifold leaks... does it get quieter or go away when the engine is fully up to temp?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts