Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine said the mod for the 8.1 is replacing headers?

Anyone do it?

Opinions please, thanks.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Well he is right about them being a mod for it...but not "the" mod...your money is better spent elsewhere...like a tune/intake/exhaust/cam...etc. they did make a difference when I did them though it wasn't worth it for a stock truck...knowing that I was going to go FI it was just a piece of the mod puzzle for me.

·
Registered
199 Posts
here's the deal, headers leak and warp, unless you wanna pay top dollar for a great set of headers and an awesome set of gaskets that wont leak. headers and gaskets can get pricy and when all said and done you'd still see better results with a tune/chip, an exhaust and an intake, a cam too if you have the time. i agree with 8.1GASSER, your money is better spent elsewhere.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool , thanks for the advice.

Makes sense.

Best intakes recommended?

Will they void warranty? I would think as Ive heard a K&N can kill a warranty.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Didn't void mine! I did however removed the nitrous kit before I took it in. LOL :)

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
From what I have seen, the headers do help a little, but cost about 850 bucks and you gain about 10 hp. Not worth the dollars. I think getting rid of the Torque Management will help more than headers.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Anyone that puts headers on a truck does so for the TORQUE, not the hp! For starters, go for some JBA (stainless) Headers, ARP fasteners, use Fel-Pro gaskets (steel core) and just retighten them when they get loose. For me, just the sound headers make, was always worth the price! Headers seem to work so well on big blocks because their heads have notoriously weak flowing exhaust ports and any improvements in that area pay huge dividends!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts