Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm putting my 6.2L back together in a Suburban. Been a while since I took it apart and am trying to figure out where/how the TV cable bracket attaches to the top of the engine. It has the 700R4 transmission.

Richard

·
Administrator
18,093 Posts
Hi all, I'm putting my 6.2L back together in a Suburban. Been a while since I took it apart and am trying to figure out where/how the TV cable bracket attaches to the top of the engine. It has the 700R4 transmission.

Richard
In the 6.2L FAQ page there are some manuals that may contain the info you seek:
Trans manual http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=316450&stc=1&d=1425454577
700r4 Parts Schematic http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=316482&stc=1&d=1425456707
(y)

·
Registered
1982 Chevrolet Silverado K10 Diesel
282 Posts

MAKE ABSOLUTE SURE That the TV Cable is Adjust Properly! Otherwise, these 6.2s Will BLOW THEM UP INSTANTLY! The Bracket mounts onto the Rear of the Drivers side Engine Before you Thread in the Glow plow Controller it the bracket has to go on first! Then you can Put the controller in! If your engine is newer with the "Block" style Controller for 1985+ I am not Sure!.

Reactions: legendman

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great picture, thankyou. I was putting the inlet manifold back on then remembered the kickdown somehow attached underneath.
View attachment 639588

MAKE ABSOLUTE SURE That the TV Cable is Adjust Properly! Otherwise, these 6.2s Will BLOW THEM UP INSTANTLY! The Bracket mounts onto the Rear of the Drivers side Engine Before you Thread in the Glow plow Controller it the bracket has to go on first! Then you can Put the controller in! If your engine is newer with the "Block" style Controller for 1985+ I am not Sure!.

·
Registered
282 Posts

Another photo. Clearer ish.. too see the Bolting placement.

Reactions: legendman

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,791 Posts
I am hoping to stumble on one of those, probably going to be the hardest part to find for my swap.

Reactions: 82Kbody

·
Registered
282 Posts
I am hoping to stumble on one of those, probably going to be the hardest part to find for my swap.
I have 1 700r4 TV Cable Bracket left. PM me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts