Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
That's a cool lookin' rig! I think the later models look goofy.

·
Mad (Sean) Max
9,602 Posts
Yeah that sure looks nicer than the Sidekick or Tracker. Was it a hard top convertable. Also do you know if GM was involved at all

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts

·
Harbinger of Change
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Man, I leave my computer alone and it goes from a tranny issue to Trackers and Samurais... and to think I started it. That LJ thingie looks cool though.

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
lol, sorry dude, but the old LJ did bring back memories . i tried measuring the difference between my gasser and diesel cable but the gasser got broke at the tranny so i couldn't

·
Harbinger of Change
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
wait.... so its the cable part?:confused: i thought the only diff would be that loop thingie....:mad: I don't know if I'm smart enough to get that cable out to measure it.

oh and should I see the flywheel and doughnut shaped thing under the truck? or am I missing the bottom half of my bell housing thing? would that make a nasty rattle when I'm driving?

And now the trackers squelling incessantly, I guess I've gotten my 30k miles on the brakes... really gotta downshift more and brake less. It just sucks when the tires significantly outlive the shoes..:( I really gotta try to suck less at driving. (man that would be a bad quote)

·
Mad (Sean) Max
9,602 Posts
You should have a flywheel cover on. I don't think it's the biggest thing to lose it but it prevents junk from flying up in there. The rattling from the flywheel could be a crack in it. Get underneath and look where the bolts are, that's the most common place to crack. Apparently it's fairly common. When mine broke I asked the mech who replaced it why it happens and he suggested it was from the real sudden way they shut off, kind of puts a lot of stress in the area of those bolts.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'd like to check my 700 tranny's line pressure. How do I rig up a guage? Will a long grease gun hose connected to a maybe a diesel compression tester work?

·
Resident Pinhead
6,638 Posts
clean the grease gun hose out first. the compression tester might be too high? i dunno. awsome idea though!

·
Harbinger of Change
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
So I finally looked at my truck again... :rolleyes: I've been a little lazy. My slider ring sits loosely (over 1/4 in of cable slack) with the throttle at idle. I forgot the tape to check the length, but its at least 2 1/2 in if not 3 in long for the slide loop. Will having all that slack (read as no tension for about 1/3 pedal travel) cause the weird shifting issues that I'm still having?

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
i'd pretty much say.... yes. any 700 i've run had no slack. just progressively pulled on cable as throttle was engaged

·
Harbinger of Change
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
super. So I'll put in a bolt about 1/2" up cause that should be just about right for constant tension.

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
sounds like it has the gas cable, which is a hair too long. but i'm just guessing from over here

·
Harbinger of Change
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
You're welcome to come over to my place and take a look. :D
Might just take a little while for you to get there.

·
Registered
395 Posts
You're welcome to come over to my place and take a look. :D
Might just take a little while for you to get there.
Hey diaric road trip !!!:D I need some of those cheap U S A part's

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
thats funny vernn, i was thinking about a nice trip to warm weather and maybe find a nice project vehicle

·
Harbinger of Change
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
not much rust where I'm at... tends to get removed by the blowing sand. Or ya could just lemme know what your lookin for, and about what you wanna pay, and if I see it I can ship it to ya.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Well I recharge my A/C tonight and my bag is still packed from last week's trip too Sask he he !!! :D

41 - 60 of 76 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.