Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Harbinger of Change
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
how long should that slide on the cable be? i think mine is about... i want to say 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 inches (Its dark, and i really need to get an outside light so i can see.:))

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Here is the one from my Blazer

Attachments

·
Harbinger of Change
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Is that easy to remove, or do I need to pull the intake manifold? I'm trying to not get really involved in this, since I'm trying to use it as my commuter (yes I hate the geo tracker that my wife bought years ago).

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Geo Tracker, sounds "fun".:p: There is a disconnect at the other end of the rod, if you can get your fingers down there.

·
Harbinger of Change
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Maybe if it was 4wd, but I'm trying to not sink anymore cash into it.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
:confused:

·
Harbinger of Change
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The tracker is the only car to give me back pain, cuz my butt is bigger than the middle of the seat, only its not large enough to bridge across, so I end up with my back twisted which hurts like a mother after any bumps in the road.

The 6.2 rides nice (PO replaced all of the front end suspension), and actually has a better ride than the tracker. Add in the fact that I've had two accidents in the tracker (t on drivers side, and snow spin into a guardrail) I'm sick of spending more than the value of the vehicle to fix it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
So, if first gear shifts BEFORE about 18 mph, does the cable need to come out more, or go in some??

I'm a little confused.

Mine shifts out of first VERY fast, but it is smooth and OD works great.

Thanks

·
Harbinger of Change
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
based on my messed up setup... it seems like it might be out some, or maybe in a little. I haven't had time to work on mine again, I'm in Albuquerque right now.

·
Mad (Sean) Max
9,602 Posts
Too bad the Tracker is 2wd. Their short wheel base lets them go ANYWHERE. (Same thing as a Samurai or Sidekick right?)

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Zed, if you want to go anywhere, get a blazer. Then people won't laugh so hard.
If it's shifting soft and early, take it out (toward the front).

·
Mad (Sean) Max
9,602 Posts
A Tracker can't pull out a Blazer but it can climb a hill better. It's all about the point where the hill plateaus and then climbs again. Those Samurais eat the **** out of them. Also nice to have a truck you can flip back over if it does tip. If I didn't want people to laugh at me I'd think about combing my hair in the morning and I probably wouldn't wear my father in laws glasses that he stopped wearing in 1984.

Woops I posted it twice. Went back to edit and it wasn't there. I guess it was

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
have another drink zed,,, lol..

i had one of those pre samurai's. it was like a mini willy's but really sucked on the hiway with its 800cc engine. maxed at 60 mph at 6000 rpm. if there was no wind. but it went anywhere in the bush

·
Mad (Sean) Max
9,602 Posts
That's it. It's like my old Mazda B2200. everyone laughs at it but it drives between the ruts the big trucks leave behind, and doesn't sink in the mud and in the Mazdas case could still carry close to a ton on a highway passing other vehicles and gas staions. Actually loaded the Mazda had terrible mileage and empty it got about what the 6.2 gets, 6.2 has more room for stuff tho.

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
mine pulled a moose out where a quad of those days couldn't go. it spun a bearing on me, and i rebuilt it in my basement. carried it out and installed by hand, lol. damn thing ran on a sewing machine motor lol

·
Mad (Sean) Max
9,602 Posts
Now that's funny. Man I love big trucks and stuff but the little stuff sure has it's place. How did the moose taste anyway. They taste like fine aged beef around here.

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
it was juicey and tender. a good moose from up near grande prarie

·
Mad (Sean) Max
9,602 Posts
What did it weigh in at? I've heard that a big bull from up north can push 1200lbs.

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
i can't remember. we have a sub-species, ours arn't as big as the northern or bc ones

·
Mad (Sean) Max
9,602 Posts
So that's why the old Samurai could move it
Oh yeah wasn't there something in this thread about an unhealthy trans?

21 - 40 of 76 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.