Diesel Place banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 700 in my 87 that was rebuilt not 2 long ago and i now only have 1 no rev 2, 3, or od not sure what is wrong the tv cable looks to be ok and pulls fine in 1st.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Usually when reverse goes it's by by tranny.

I had an 82 diesel. I'm not sure if your gasser has a governor. On the left?? side you can pull the governor out. It has a plastic gear on the end. Mine would eat that gear until I had it rebuilt. The second time it happened I was able to get it to shift out of first by running the rpms way up in first, letting off, and it would shift into 2nd. Once in 2nd I could feather the gas until my speed was past 1st gear's top speed. Not a long term fix but I was 80 miles from home.

·
Registered
14,325 Posts
I have a 700 in my 87 that was rebuilt not 2 long ago and i now only have 1 no rev 2, 3, or od not sure what is wrong the tv cable looks to be ok and pulls fine in 1st.
You ripped the input shell splines out of it. Trans time again. This time pay a little extra and have the Beast put in. ( H/D shell made by SPX.) It costs 20.00 bucks extra.:D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it is a new beast sun shell. I had every high$$ part in it that i could get. oh well just a nother day for me this will make the 4th one in a year. Im sort of hard on them and like the right foot. They usually blow the tc up and then take out everything else but i dont think that was the case this time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts